Ch. 11: TLC & Super Alex

Chapter 11

            Alex woke up to a heartbeat and breathing, and arms around her protecting her.  She tried to think what was going on, and she remembered.  She was in a car accident many hours ago, and now she was in the hospital with… who was it?  Oh, right… Nick.

            She was surprised that she didn’t wake up with a scream to wake him up.  Even with the others in the room.  She looked up, and watched Nick sleeping.  She smiled thinking how many fans would love to be where she was right now, in the arms of the youngest member of the Jonas Brothers.  She studied him, noticing his eyelashes were very light, and his little freckles that she loved about him.

            She reached over to push the nurses’ button, and soon a nurse comes in.

            “Yes?”

            “I really need to go to the bathroom, but I don’t want to drag anything in there,” she told her trying not to wake up anyone.

            “Oh sure,” the nurse said coming over and turns the machines off and the oxygen tube off as Alex slowly got up without waking up Nick.  “Go ahead.  I think your brothers brought you clothes to change into.  When you’re done, could you sleep some more until Dr. Williams can release you?”

            “I’m awake,” she said.  “I slept enough.”

            “Well, I’ll let him know then.  Would you like me to call your parents?”

            “Please,” she gave her the number.  “I’m sure that they are worried that their sons aren’t there.”

            “Of course.  I’ll be right back.”  The nurse then left.

            Alex found her backpack beside Rob with her purse inside, which she smiled, and saw her favorite comfy shirt and pants; she went to the bathroom and changed.

~*~*~*~

            Nick woke up, but felt that Alex wasn’t there, and he saw that it was getting light outside and he heard someone in the bathroom, but Rob, Joe, and Kevin were still sleeping.

            He sat up, and noticed that Alex’s backpack was gone, so he realized that Alex was in the bathroom getting ready.

            He sat up and waited for her.  In a few minutes she comes out in her clothes that Joe packed, and she sees him.  “Morning,” she smiled.

            “Morning,” he smiled back.

            “If you need the bathroom you are welcome to use it now.”

            “Thank you,” he said going over and kisses her forehead, which she smiles, and he goes inside.

~*~*~*~

            Alex went back to her bed and saw her phone was inside her purse.  She sighed thankfully as she decided to call someone.

            “Hello?” she heard someone ask.

            “Morning Chris,” she smiled.

            “Alex?  It’s six in the morning.”

            “I know, but I’m awake.  I woke up scared and the nurse and Brennan got the boys and Rob to come be with me.”

            “What did you dream about?” he asked.