Ch. 7: Alex meets Ellen

Chapter 7

            The next morning, Paul was up, and walked into the room where the kids were eating their breakfast, and his arms are loaded up with newspaper and magazines, and drop them in the middle of the table.

            “That is everything about the Oprah show,” he told his family.

            Alex was done eating and on the couch looking out the window.  “I don’t care.  I don’t even want to know,” she told everyone.

            “Are you sure?” Joe asked looking at her.

            “Why bother.  They are either going to hate me or love me right?  Just take it with a grain of salt.”

            Kevin comes over, and sits down beside her.  “It’s not going to matter if they are going to hate you or love you.  We love you already.  Just now we have to see what they say.”

            Nick reaches at the pile, and read the headlines of each newspaper.  “The Mystery Girl Now Reveled.  The Jonas Sister.  3 Bros Plus 1 Sis Equals Mess Up.  Secret Jonas.  Mr. and Mrs. Jonas Have A Daughter.  Kevin No Longer the Eldest. Hate or Love Alexis Jonas.”

            “That’s enough Nicolas,” Denise told him.

            Nick put the papers down.

            “Might as well read the last one Nick, it sounds like it’s from a fan,” Alex said sadly.

            Nick looks at her.  “Are you sure?”

            “No, but might as well.”

            Nick opens the newspaper and reads it.  “After all these years, the Jonas Brothers never even knew that they had a sister.  All of the fans have wanted Paul and Denise to have another child, but who would’ve thought that they had an older daughter, and gave her up for an adoption.  Why?  As Denise and Paul said that they couldn’t afford her, but why when they can now afford their boys.  This author is a very big fan of the Jonas Brothers, and I’m very glad to say welcome to the Jonas Brothers’ family Alex.  I will support you 110% whatever the boys make a choice on, because of what I saw yesterday on Oprah, they were not very pleased at first, until the DNA was announced saying that you were their true sister.  I hope that you’ll get to explain this a little more, because I got really confused on it.  But I’m glad that you’re the oldest, because I’m sure that you can kick some fine butts there on all of your brothers.  I wish you the best of luck into this fan world, and I do hope that we do cross paths, because I would really like to meet you and welcome you personally into the Jonas fans, and into the world of the Jonas Brothers.”

            “That’s not too bad,” Denise said as Nick folds the paper back up.

            “Well, that is one in how many?” Alex asked.  “I’m sure that there is more in that pile that hate me.”

            Joe was on his laptop while eating.  “Well, there is poll setup on our website.”

            “And?” Nick asked.

            “50% are excited, 30% not happy about it, 20% don’t care,” Joe read.

            “Gee, that sure shows love,” Kevin said sarcastically.

            “50% is a big deal,” Joe said.

            “That’s great,” Nick said.