Chapter 24

"How is she?", a faint voice was heard and Jihye moved a bit as she tried to open her eyes. Prepared for the pain to hit her as soon as she wake, her eyes opened slowly but there was no pain at all. Unable to adjust to the light, she rested her eyes for a second before looking at the bright ceiling and white walls.

The unfamiliar sight surrounded her until she caught the attention of a nurse that coincidentally walked by. "Oh you're awake, I'll get a doctor", she gave a warm smile and left before returning with a doctor a minute later.

Trying to find the owner of the voice that she heard, she looked around and saw other patients in the same room and her shoulders dropped in disappointment but she was confused. She pushed away the blanket on top of her and prepared to get off bed. The sight caught her off guard and she became more and more confused, her head began to hurt as she continued to stare at her plastered foot and the IV needle by her left arm.

'What is happening', her eyebrows furrowed at the thought while a nurse hurriedly lay her back down and placed the blanket properly.

"How did I get here?", she held the sleeve of the nurse before she could leave.

The nurse planted another warm smile as she opened her mouth to answer Jihye's question.

"You have been in a coma for a few days. Your leader found you unconscious in a room and you were brought here. I'll bring a doctor to explain to you later. Don't worry about anything, you'll be discharged within this week", she took her leave and Jihye stared at her fingers.

'How did they find me at my place? Did Jungkook call his manager?', thoughts filled her head over and over again until she was tired of thinking. 'Did he visit me?'

Lunch came and Jihye finished her food, visiting hours ended and she grew to anticipate for the next visit hours. 'Maybe he will visit', that was solely on her mind the entire day.

Just when the minute hand moved, it was the last visiting hours for the day. Jihye watched families walk in, smiling at their child, mother, father, relative. No one came for her again.

"Maybe they are busy, but why is Jungkook not messaging me at all", she re-read Jimin's messages and noticed something. Her messages from Jungkook was gone.

'Where did they disappear to?', she scrolled up and down and checked her deleted messages.

"Jihye-ah", a high pitch voice was heard and Jihye looked up from the screen to see a worried Hyeri with a basket of fruits. It was awkward. "How did you know I'm here?", she asked hoping to get some answer.

"I brought you here", she pushed some hair away from Jihye's face and took a seat by the bed. "I saw you on the floor backstage after the concert ended", she sounded worried and Jihye was confused over again. 'Someone attacked me at home'

Hyeri chuckled and opened the basket and began peeling an apple. "I bought this with Kook--"

"Wha-what?", Jihye interrupted her feeling something was off. Very off. Assuming she heard it wrong, she just shook it away and stared at the knife that was in Hyeri's hand as she continued to peel.

"Hm I thought I told you about it. You congratulated me too, he'll be here soon with Mingyu", Jihye watched her blush as she talked about someone she assumed to be her boyfriend.

'What is happening?' footsteps were heard and everyone diverted their attention towards the door where Jungkook walked in along with Seventeen behind him. A blonde figure smiled at Jihye warmly as she watched him wrap his arms around Hyeri. Mingyu sat on the other side of the bed and placed his finger under Jihye's chin to make her look at him.

"You look so much better", he caressed her cheeks and Joshua nodded, "Yeah I was so worried, I thought I had to do Mingyu's make up and hair forever".

"I thought I was Bantan's stylist. I'm your stylist", she turned to Jungkook who just froze on the spot. Hyeri chuckled, "noo, you were Mingyu's stylist from the beginning", she cooed to calm her best friend who seemed to be panicking.

"Visiting hour is ending in five minutes", the nurse announced and Mingyu sighed, "should have came earlier", all the visitors left slowly leaving Hyeri and Jungkook in the room. She leaned in and whispered softly in her ears, "bye my friend".

The lights went off and it was pitch black, "ARHHH" her voice echoed the room as she felt a sharp pain by her chest and the moonlight shone through the window, Jihye caught a glimpse of Jungkooks lip turn into a smirk.

----------------------

A scream was heard through the practice room and a group of boys rushed in to see Jihye sitting by the corner, hugging her legs tightly. Jin's eyebrows furrowed and he quickly approached the crying female to hug her. "What's wrong?", he tried to console her only to turn back to look for the missing member.

As it became more difficult to calm the still crying female, Jimin pulled the eldest and took his place to calm her down. "It's okay, we are all here. Jungkook will be back soon", he cooed and Jihye shook her head vigorously. "He is not coming back", her voice cracked.

"What happened?", Jungkook walked in with a bag full of ramyun. His eyes were like saucers when he witnessed Jihye crying on Jimin's chest. Jimin gestured him to hurry up and Jungkook quickly dropped the bags and swiftly knelt in front of her.

He placed his hands on her cheeks, wiping away the tears; she looked at him staring back with sad eyes. Unable to understand why she was acting like this, he pulled her closed to him and placed a peck on her cheek.

"Let's give them space", Rapmonster said and everyone made their way to the exit.

"It's just a dream. I'm not going anywhere. I'll never ever let go of you no matter what happens"

Jihye took a deep breath and turned to Jungkook who was sitting beside her,"Is this a dream?".

"This is real. I'm Jeon Jungkook. You are Jung Jihye. You are my stylist, my girlfriend; my first and only love", he smiled at her assuring his feelings.

"I thought you were angry with me because you saw me with Mingyu. It was a misunderstanding", before she could continue Jungkook cut her off.

"What do you mean? When were you with Mingyu?", he stared deep into her eyes.

"We were at the goodbye stage for this promotion", she explained and Jungkook shook his head. "We still haven't released our album yet, we were practicing here and you accompanied me and slept in the corner. I wouldn't be angry at you just because you are talking to Mingyu"

"You were with Hyeri, and you visited me at the hospital", she almost choked up as she recalled her dream. "You stabbed me and I.. died"

Jungkook frowned and held onto her hand tight, "Whoever Hyeri is, I don't care what she looks like. My eyes are only on you. I must have been blind then, I stabbed the wrong person in your dream", he made her chuckle and he kissed her forehead and smiled.

"Guys wrong timing", the door closed and Jihye giggled at JHope chasing the rest away.