Chapter 31

Her lips curved upwards as she smiled at the silence that surrounded the room after the knock. "It's your prince, Jihye-ah. Would you like to open the door so he can save you?", she let out a small pout before it became a smirk. "Or should I just kill--"

"Noona!", Hyeri paused with a confused expression. "Why is he here? Did you bring him here?", she glared at Jihye as she approached the door. "I won't regret seeing you die here and right now, Jung Jihye. Do not play games with me", she looked through the peephole and let out a chuckle.

Before Jihye could let out a breath and let her hand down, Hyeri rushed and wrapped her arms over Jihye's neck, pressing it lightly. "Don't play with me, Jihye. I am not in the right state of mind and you know it", Hyeri's voice cracked.

"Noona, open the door. You don't have to do this. I'll burst the door", He negotiated, which he failed as he just began kicking the door.

"Stop it!", Jihye closed her eyes tight as she screamed next to her ear.

Few more kicks were heard before it swung open, revealing a tired Mingyu. He froze at the scene and took a step forward only to have Hyeri wrap her arms tighter. "It's okay, Mingyu", Jihye signalled him to stop.

"Let her go or else I will call the police and I mean it", he caught something bright red on her neck and he quickly thought of another plan.

"Noona, I know it might be too late to ask you to return to the company but I came here on behalf of the head of department. Please come back to work with us, we cannot lose someone like you", his eyes did not leave the weapon by her neck.

Hyeri rolled her eyes as he listened, "I don't need your words, Kim Mingyu. You have been hanging out with this friend of yours haven't you. You sound just like her. Playing me with your useless words".

Mingyu bit his tongue as she didn't buy his method. "Noona, are you alright?", he stared straight at Jihye, concerned only to see a small weak smile.

"Remember when you and Jihye noona used to be there for each other. I heard all about it. She's thankful for everything. She might have been a bit rash at times but she loves you deep inside"

"Mingyu--"

"Look at her in the eyes. Friendship come and go but she cherished no other friendship, noona. Let her go. Let them go and let them be together. Don't try to do something that you only benefit because karma does bite"

Jihye bit her lips, as she tried to stop her tears from filling her eyes. She felt the arm around her loosen and Hyeri stood by her, with an expression that showed no other than shame. "I'm sorry, my best friend", she looked at the knife and held onto it before taking it away from her skin.

She turned to Mingyu with a thankful smile, "I don't know what to say. I lost my roots". Her head hung low and turned back to Jihye, not wanting to look at her in the eyes.

"But I did not lose my mind", she thrusted the knife at Jihye and watched her smile in return.

"Goodbye", Hyeri sent her a small wink and footsteps could be heard rushing in. "Put your hands up, Hyeri-ssi", guns pointed at her and she dropped Jihye's body while Mingyu rushed to hold onto her and watched the armed police men take Jihye's best friend away.

===================================

The white walls surrounded Jihye once again as she opened her eyes to the sunlight that shone through the binds. Her mouth gaped open as she felt the thrusting pain on her abdomen, 'now that was some pain'.

Waiting for the pain to slowly go away, the door opened and a tired looking Jungkook walked in. A smile replaced his worried pouting lips as he made his way to hug her tightly. "Why are you so stupid", he scolded Jihye as soon as he opened his mouth.

He caressed her cheeks with both of his hands and frowned at her pale looking face before planting few pecks on her forehead and cheeks. "But I'm glad you're safe", he wrapped his arms tightly again, afraid to let go.

"Where are the rest of the guys?", Jihye pulled away slowly and peeked outside. "Why are you looking for them when I am here right by your side. I came rushing when Mingyu called me"

"You don't have to explain anything to me. I'll let you rest and when you get discharged, I am taking you with me to Busan"

"But isn't your holidays just few days", she played with his fingers as she asked.

Jungkook shook his head and looked at her, seriously "I need to do something important".

"You can go without me if it's that important. I don't want you to delay it", she patted his hand to assure that she is fine and his family is important.

"I need you to be there. It would be useless without you", he laid her back on the bed and tucked the blanket. "Rest now so you can feel better", he planted another peck on her forehead and sat on the chair beside her.

Jihye turned to her side and stared at him with a smile, "I wasn't worried when I got stabbed because I would never ever leave you alone". Jungkook gave her a small nod and pinched her cheeks before gesturing her to take a rest.

"I just woke up, you know", she pouted but he was firm with his decision. He pushed her hair behind her ears and away from her face as she shook her head to decline his idea to sleep early.

"I want to spend more time with you", she persuaded which made his heart a bit soft and quickly grabbed his hands into her, she opened her mouth to let out the magic word, hoping it would help. "Please?"

"I won't leave your side", he squeezed her hand slightly.

"Promise?"

"I promise and I won't break my promise", he kissed her fingers as she finally agreed to sleep.

'Never will ever break promises that are made for you'