Chapter 9

The kiss felt great but what made me feel bad was that I kissed him back. His lips were soft and his breath smelled of fresh mint. I pulled away after a minute,

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"What," He said, "I thought that you loved me."

I was shocked, "Loved you," Then if matters couldn't get any worse a pile of logs fell right behind us. "Bash wait," I said running after him as he went into the woods.

"Why would you do that?" Asked Bash. How would I know that this would upset him so much. "He didn't just kiss you, you kissed him back."

"Bash no," I said starting to cry.

"I don't want to hear it, I'm going back to the ship."

"Bash!" I yelled. But he didn't stop. I fell to the ground hysterically crying. When I finally got back to Jack I sat down on the long next to him. Putting my face in my hands I cried some more.

"Isabel," started Jack.

"Don't talk to me." I said. Wiping my nose with the back of my hand I said, "Let's go."

"Go where?"

"To get Bash." Jack looked strangely at me for a minute.

"Why?" He finally said, "Aren't you guys fighting?"

"Well," I said bashfully. "I haven't told him about what the Captain said."

"Well what did he say?"

"He said that we would be the sacrifices at the golden temple." I still just wanted to lie down and cry but by not telling Bash I felt guilty. Additionally, Bash knew where we were, so if he did get captured he could tell them where we were. This is the whole reason that Jack was handcuffed. Paranormal thoughts ran through my head. Now my only goal was to get Bash before it was too late.

I grabbed Jack by the cain and pulled him through the woods. Finally, we found what looked like the shoes that Bash was wearing: dark brown laced up boots. However, when we got closer we saw that Captain Burns and all of him crew were waiting for us. Bash was in the background; he was behind held down by two pirates. One of them came closer and grabbed Jack and Captain Burns looked at me.

¨Now we could do this the easy way or the hard way.¨ He reached in for my arm but as he got closer a burst of energy knocked all the pirates to the ground.

(Thank you guys so much for reading A Kingdom's Clash I hope that you like it.)