二十六

a deal

hye rin's point of view

the morning came and i woke up after being woken up by a nurse who left me with a tray of food. i ate my breakfast provided by the hospital in silence. my back felt so numb and i wasn't even allowed to move around since fans were waiting outside my room.

suddenly, it quietened down, leaving myself to think if the fans had left. without realizing, someone was standing in front of my bed with a bouquet of flowers in his or her hands. i looked up to see who it was and it turned out to be the person whom i've been trying to avoid for the past five years.

"w-what're y—" before i could finish my sentence, he hugged me. i tried to resist back but his grip was too strong. "i'm sorry hye rin-ah. i'm really sorry! i just.. i just didn't know what to do if you rejected me.." he let go and knelt down as tears started rolling down his cheeks. "i-i never wanted you to hate me.." he muffled under his breath.

"you d-don't have to kneel jungkook.." i tried making him stand up which was quite hard since he was on the floor and i couldn't move out from my bed at all. as i was trying to get him up, i fell out of the bed and jungkook caught me in the same position how he brought me to the hospital after yesterday's accident.

he placed me back to my bed gently, our faces in front of each others which just reminded me of the kiss.

i thanked him. i wasn't able to bring up the topic about what happened five years ago and the fact that he stole my letters away from taehyung. "so, how are you?" he sat down on the chair beside my bed and placed the bouquet of flowers on the side table.

"i'm fine.." i replied.

our conversation was short and awkward. "i wanted to tell you something really important but i didn't wanna startle you on our first official meeting after five years." he said. "it's alright. just tell me. it seems like we already ran out of topics anyway." i chuckled and bit my bottom lip as i smiled.

jungkook smirked and began. "i hope you won't be surprised but—" his phone buzzed. he quickly unlocked it and grinned as he looked through his phone. he showed his phone to me. "i didn't want to cause any misunderstanding towards our fans so i thought you might've wanted to make a deal with me."

i was in a state of shock as jungkook showed me his phone. it was a picture of us, hugging. he slid his finger across his phone and showed another picture. it was him, putting me down on the bed but we seemed like we were kissing instead.

"jeon jungkook.. how could you?" i was shaking in fear. i was frightened of the person jungkook had become to. "i really didn't want any trouble but if i can't have you through your real feelings, i might as well have you through a deal."

"what the hell do you want jungkook? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?"

"all i've wanted was for you to love me back. but you never turned your head around from taehyung whenever he was around. you never considered the times when always been there for you instead of him." he answered.

"so if you don't wanna get these photos get in the hands of your dear taehyung, then take back about your dating confirmation from your ceo and tell her that you're dating me, not him." he turned around, his back facing me.

"i'll let you decide within two days. get well soon." he walked out of the room and it was noisy again outside. "JUNGKOOK OPPA!" the fans outside chanted together.

my heart was pounding fast to the extent i couldn't think any further. my heart pounded so fast that anyone could've thought that i have fallen in a deep pit of love. but it was a different kind of feeling.

it felt horrible.

jungkook's point of view

i walked out of the room, feeling horrified of myself. i didn't think that i could bring myself up to do such a terrible thing to hye rin whom i loved for years. i thought that i would stop when i've finally seen her face again. but i didn't.

i continued my betrayal against taehyung who treated me like a real younger brother. and yet, after all the kindness he had given off to me, i exchanged it with mortifying crap of mine.

--

author's note

i know that it's a short chapter but i'll make it up by the next and upcoming chapters. i was forced to participate in an exchange gift draw and it was so intense for some reason lmao. i'm still trying to wonder what i should buy *sobs* bye bye to my money.

aaaand, don't forget to vote! :)