Chapter 11

I jump around getting energetic. Today is the state championship and I’m nervous/pumped at the same time. I’m the only one who will be fighting in the ring today.  I have listened to the doctor and kept my finger secured in my finger brace. My finger and part of my palm is still bruised somewhat, but it doesn’t hurt me unless I move my fingers too much. I have been doing a lot of practice punching with my left hand lately. I let out deep breaths over and over again. I lean over the counter staring in the mirror. I look in the mirror as I see Danielle looking at me. I smile.

            “Hey beautiful.” I walk over to her as she walks towards me too. I place my hands on her waist and kiss her lips.

            She wraps her arms around my neck. “Hey. Are you ready?”

            I sigh. “I’m nervous and excited at the same time, but ready? I don’t know.” I stare in her eyes. She starts to frown. “What? Are you okay?” I ask concerned.

            “Be careful. I’m not happy about you doing this with your fingers still messed up. I’ll support you all the way though.”

            “I’ll be okay. We all go through some kind of pain in life right?”

            She rubs my neck and then my shoulders. “Be careful.” She repeats as she stares deeply in my eyes. “I love you Addison.” I smile to her saying that and I pull her close to me as my arms wrap around her lower back. I hug her tightly. “I love you too Danielle. Is everyone out there?”

            She pulls away. “Yeah. Your mom, dad, and both sisters are here. My parents are here to support you too.” She smiles. “Your sister is so big now. Almost 7 months pregnant, wow.”

            “Yeah she is.” I agree. We found out that the baby is going to be a girl. When my mom found out what the baby’s name was going to be she started crying. It took her a while to calm her down. I hate the guy that is the father, but he says he’ll be there for the baby. I guess my sister and him are dating.

            “Okay, good luck out there baby.” Danielle kisses my lips and I rub my hands up her back as I slide my tongue in her mouth. She rubs her tongue against mine and I put my leg in between hers. She moans and pulls away. “No-no-no, you need to keep your mind straight.” I start pulling her closer and kissing her neck. She giggles and presses her hands on my chest pushing me away. “Nope. Maybe tonight.” She smiles at me and I chuckle.

            “Fine. I’ll talk to you after the championship.” I kiss her once more and watch her walk away. Her ass is so sexy.

            I snap back into reality after the door closes behind her. Aww, no more Danielle’s ass. I should be focusing on the championship anyways. Her looks just captivate me. I walk back over to the mirror and stare at myself. I hope I win, but I know that I’ll give my best no matter what. I look at the clock on the wall. I should go out now. I grab my boxing gloves and tape. I walk out of the locker room putting my hood over my head and I walk into the boxing room. Everyone turns their attention to me and smiles. I walk over to the bench and Mike sits down beside of me. I hand him the tape and he starts to wrap my hand.

            “Are you going to be okay boxing?” He asks.

            I stare at the floor and question myself. Will I be okay? I don’t know. Will I get through the pain? Yes. Will I win? I don’t know. “Maybe.”

            He stops wrapping my hand and looks at me. “If you would have told me earlier they could have re-scheduled this a different date.”