Chapter 18

Silence creeps the room as everyone watches Danielle doing the vault. She’s amazing at gymnastics, but it never stops me from worrying if she’ll fall. I look over at the judges as they constantly watch her with intense eyes. They write down a couple of things, but continue to watch her. I smile watching my beautiful girlfriend. I never enjoyed sitting at gymnastics, but I’m here for Danielle. Well, I should be here for Morgan too.

            I look at Bryann as she holds Courtney. She’s a month old now and still have those cute precious chubby cheeks. I smile to myself.

            Over the past month things have been so difficult with Courtney constantly crying everyday and every night. In the end, we all find her cute, and her horrible cries erase our minds. I’m glad that it’s summer now. School has ended. It’s officially been a year since I have lived here. I took a job here at the recreational center as a lifeguard. It’s easier to work here and be close to boxing. I told Danielle how I felt about boxing and she told me not to worry that I should still do it. She supports my boxing and I’m happy. I always congratulate my competitors and give them a sweaty hug, of course.

            I clap with everyone else as Danielle finishes the vault perfectly. She looks up in the stands to see me and smiles big. I smile back and give her thumbs up. She blushes and sits down on the bench. I shake my head. I see Morgan getting ready to do her freestyle on the mat. She notices us and gives a small smile. Is she okay? I wonder to myself.

            “Is Morgan okay?” Bryann asks.

            I think she just read my mind. Unfortunately, she’s been able to do that since we were kids. “I was just thinking that.”

            Bryann lets out a small chuckle and kisses Courtney.

            “Maybe Morgan is PMSing. She’s been acting kind of moody lately. She’s becoming a little Addie.”

            I roll my eyes as I shake my head.

            “She’s not becoming me.”

            “Yeah. She has her own unique personality. A quiet one, but unique.”

            I nod my head. Morgan was always the quiet one for some reason. Maybe that’s why Bryann and I never fought with her that much.

            The music begins to play and I glance at my mom who’s kind of dancing to it. “Mom!” I whisper loudly. She opens her eyes wide shocked at me. “Whaaat?” She asks confused. I laugh shaking my head. “Don’t dance to songs.”

            “I’ll have you know, I was a dancer when I was your age.” She stares at me.

            “I know. Your dancing is funny though.” I smile.

            She scoffs and watches Morgan. I watch as my dad leans my mom’s ear and whispers something. She giggles and puts her finger over her lip meaning ‘shh’. My dad kisses her cheek and I smile as I watch Morgan.

            She’s doing really good so far, until she lands a flip and kind of stumbles. The judges don’t notice, but I did. It was a tiny stumble.

            Morgan finishes her routine up and looks at me disappointed at herself. I give her a warm smile clapping hard with everyone else. She finally smiles and sits down. Danielle pats her back and talks to her. Aww, my girlfriend is so sweet.

            “You did amazing!” I hug Danielle tightly as she walks up to me now that the competition is over.

            She hugs me back. “Aww thank you Addison.”