Chapter 16

I walk into the waiting area to see my mom, dad, and Morgan. My dad is pacing back and forth in front of the chairs that my mom and Morgan are sitting in. I shake my head at him. I would think that my mom would be freaking out. She’s sitting there like nothing’s really going on. My dad is freaking out. I walk over to them and my mom and sister say hey. I walk my dad moving back and forth as he begins to bite his nail. I put my hand on his shoulder.

            “Dad, chill.” I laugh at him. He stares at me not blinking. It’s only been an hour and he looks as if he hasn’t gotten any sleep. I remove my hand from this possessed body of his and sit down.

            “I have never seen your father like this.” My mom looks at me.

            “Yeah. Tell me about it.” I laugh as I agree with her.

            I look around for a while. “So what room is Bryann in?”

            “She’s in room 304. It’s a semi-private room.”

            I look at my mom. “Oh god. That must suck for her.”

            She flips through the pages in her magazine and smiles. “Yeah, she argued with the lady behind the counter over there.”

            I shake my head and stand up. “I’m going to go see her.”

            “Gregg’s in there.”

            I groan and roll my eyes. Gregg is the father of the baby, unfortunately. I’m acting like I’m the protective big sister, but I’m the younger sister. My sister is still dating that idiot. He is the weirdest guy I have ever met. Sometimes he doesn’t have manners too. I find him so repulsive.

            “Well Gregg shall feel the wrath of Addie.” I say and start to walk away.

            “I’m sure he’s already feeling the wrath of Bryann.” Morgan laughs while she says that. I laugh too and go through a set of doors. I walk down the hallway looking at room numbers. I finally see her room and I open the door to find her screaming at Gregg and my eyes widen.

            “You made this thing in me, now get it out!” She yells as she grabs his shirt.

            Gregg looks at me as if he’s about to die. I slowly shut the door hoping that Bryann doesn’t notice me.

            “Addison Leigh Smith!” She yells at me.

            Damn! I think to myself. I open the door sighing. “Yes?” I shut the door behind me and walk to her. She holds out her hand to grab mine. She grabs my right hand, which is the hand I hurt a while back, and squeezes it to death. I yelp in pain. “Bryann! That’s my bad hand!!” She loosens the grip of my hand, but still holds onto it.

            “I can’t stand this! I keep having painful contractions.”

            “Well duh, you should have known contractions were going to be painful.”

            She shoots me a death look and I look away scratching my hair humming. She starts breathing hard. I look at her. And here comes a contraction.

            “Oh my god!” She yells in a little bit of a sexual way.

            I look at her in disgust. She doesn’t have to say it in a sexual way. I pull my hand away from her grip. You know how children would be scarred walking in on their parents’ having sex? I had to walk in on my sister instead one time. I have never been so horrified.