Pull a V

I hesitated for a moment as I eyed him down through the door viewer. His face was determined to set things straight, it made me nervous.

I fiddled around with the lock and opened the door. I shuffled to the side and invited him in.

"Hello Freddie." I mumbled. The determine expression he once held disappeared, and nervousness replaced it. He walked in and glanced around my apartment. It was his first time here after all.

"Hi John." He spoke softly. It was extremely awkward between us. First we admitted to liking each other, and only a few hours later he caught me smooching with Brian. He probably doesn't like me anymore.

"Why are you here?" I murmured. I sat down on one end of my couch while he sat on the other.

"I just want some answers. I'm so confused about you." He spoke. That's understandable, so I nodded my head. Freddie took a deep breath and rested his hands on his lap. He nervously chewed on the inside of his cheek and sighed.

"I just thought that maybe we had something? But I guess I was the only one who thought about us like that, I was obviously delusional. I'm just upset that we admitted to liking each other but then you go on and kiss my friend. Did I do something wrong for you to do that?" He blurted out.

I sat silently and absorbed in his words. I tapped my fingers against my knee and tried to process what I wanted to say.

"I don't know if I'm upset that my friend kissed someone I liked, or that I wasn't the one you kissed. If you didn't really mean what you said at the picnic, we could just pretend it never happened at all." Freddie whispered.

"No I meant what I said. I like you and that hasn't changed one bit. That kiss with Brian meant nothing but regret. I wanted to kiss you." I admitted.

Freddie timidly swept a strand of hair behind his ear and smiled softly. I rested my head in my hands, sighing out in frustration. The words slipped out my mouth before I could catch them. There it goes, he knew how I felt.

"It was only a kiss, don't bum yourself about it." He comforted me.

"I know but I didn't want you or Roger to be there. I felt bad, Bri and Rog had a thing going on." I grumbled.

"Oh they still have that thing. They yelled at each other for a few minutes and ended up making out in the end. They can't stay mad at each other." Freddie chuckled.

"Why can't they just date already, they basically sleep together each night." I laughed.

"They are probably thinking the same about us you know." Freddie commented.

"That we sleep together?"

"No." Freddie drawled. "I meant that why aren't we together. They've been pestering me about it since day one of meeting you."

How typical of them.

I want to date him. I want him to be mine before he's anyone else's, I'll be stupid to give him up. But I'm too scared, too scared that he'll pull a Veronica on me. I don't think I'll ever have a successful relationship because of her, that was probably her plan. I'm going to spoil her plans.

"Do you want us to be together?" I asked quietly.

"Without a doubt."

I gazed into his mesmerizing eyes and smiled. I wanted this, I wanted us. I'm willing to grow strong and move on from Veronica, I needed to forget about her.

"Okay let's date." I announced blandly. Freddie huffed and pouted.

"That's no way to ask Deaky, make it romantic." He teased. I scoffed.

"Take it or leave it Mercury." I stated.

"Fine. At least seal it with a kiss." He begged with his lips poked out and eyes closed. I crawled over to his side of the couch and placed my palm over his lips. His eyes opened to glare at me and I merely laughed. I removed my hand and placed it on his cheek.

"One day." I just woke up and ate spaghetti, I doubt he wants to kiss me now.

"I respect that." He hummed. I slid under his arm and cuddled against his warm chest. He caressed my arm and sighed contently. I couldn't wait to rub this into Roger's face.