14

Looking at the recently deceased bodies of the elder couple Liz placed a hand above her heart sadly smiling, unlike Adonis and Iris.

"Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?"

Iris looked at the blood drenched wall in back of her
"All I can see is eight hours of hard scrubbing gonna take to get the blood off these walls."

The two women looked at the bodies and back at Iris. "Why don't people have the courtesy to blow their brains out at their own home?"

Liz smacked Iris's shoulder. "Iris, What if one of the kids found them like this?" Iris shrugged at Liz. "Well, I don't see why that has to be my problem. Look at them." Liz began to softly cry and Adonis kneeled in front of Liz. "Why are you crying?"

"They were happy. I feel like I'll never be happy again. I pretend that I'm okay living in a world without Tristan, but it's it's been difficult. Besides, knowing The Countess, it's just a matter of time before she slits my throat. What's the point of waiting around for someone to stab you in the back when I'm already dead?"

Adonis nodded her head before walking out to get Ms. Evers.

Waking to Iris's door, Liz and Adonis looked at each other before knocking on the door. Iris quickly opened it before walking to her laptop. "I just need a sec. I wasn't sure what we landed on, so I-I just put out a selection. Help yourself."

Adonis gasped and held a gun."Christ, it's like you're an arms dealer. Like in Grand Theft Auto. Please don't tell anyone that I know about videogames"

"There. God. Ah, boy, it took a lot longer than I thought. But it's finally done."

"What is?"

Iris walked to the bed laptop in hand and sat on the bed, Liz and Adonis on either side of her, "It's my tribute video. Nobody's gonna be rushing to extol my virtues once I croak, so I decided to immortalize myself. Tell me what you think. And be honest."
Adonis watched the video along with Liz and they both smiled. "You put a lot of work in this. I'm actually impressed Iris."

Iris nodded her head at Adonis's words and closed the laptop, placing it into the bed. "Yeah. I just, I wanted it to be a beacon of hope for my three followers on Instagram. Okay, I'm ready. Let's do this."

Liz smiled at Iris and Adonis who were starting to place bullets in the various guns that laid on the bed.
"You know, I'm just thinking the chimp might go better before the rainbows. So it's over the "Never lose your sense of wonder" lyric."

Iris and Adonis stared at Liz with a questioning look as they watched Liz tear up. "You're stalling." Liz wiped her tears and smiled at the two women.
"My Douglas. He just told me he wants me in his life. What if one day he has kids? I'd be a grandmother, Iris."

Iris sighed and leaned against the wall covering her face. "Yeah, well, I've lived alone all my life. Every single person I've ever loved has abandoned me, so why should you be any different?"

"Listen to me, Iris. You and I are women of a certain age. We have suffered more than our fair share. Damn it. We are the ones who should inherit the earth. We should all freaking take over this damn hotel! Spiffy it up. Turn it into a place with as much hope as your rainbow montage. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. We're entitled to a second chance. A glorious, blazing final act. My friends the best is yet to come. If we do this, there's no going back."

Adonis nodded her head at the two women.

"I will answer injustice with justice."

"Who would've thought an ordinary woman would do this?"

Adonis looked at Liz and Iris as they brought out their guns and aimed at the door, waiting for Adonis to open it. Her thick accent sounded fierce as she spoke to the two.

 Her thick accent sounded fierce as she spoke to the two

"I'm no ordinary woman. Get ready. 1...2...3."

Today would be the start of something new in the Hotel cortez. Adonis could just feel it.