Chapter 2.Lost in thoughts

"Jackson,I'm sorry." The older boy sighed longly, Pushing his fingers through his soft blonde ducktail. The boy was leaning against the brick wall outside of red wood high, Jackson standing infront of him. "Chance!You should have told me ahead of time you were moving!"he sniffled,trying to hide his tears from the boy. Failing horribly,Chance stretched his arm out and stroked the boys shoulder."Jackie, I'm really sorry!I didn't know my dad got the job!and believe me I wish he would have told me ahead of time,but no.We're leaving tomorrow.I'm really sorry."The boys look was pathetic,almost as if he was struggling to find the right words of comfort. But no,it didn't work at all.It only sent jackson into more of a panic."Chance!what am I supposed to do without you?!You know I won't be able to survive a FULL school day without you!"He sobbed into the pain t stricken male teens shoulder.Chance only rubbed his back, at loss with words."Look, jackie I have to go. I'm sorry I really am."And with that,he hugged jackson and jogged off leaving the boy alone.

*An hour later*

Sitting alone in my bedroom had been the hard part.I never really had an alone day since me and chance met. The boy had been my best friend for countless years, Stuck up for me, and was there when no one else was. And now in a time of need, he left at the beginning of freshman year. I sighed loudly and tossed my book down on the bed, curling up into my body pillow. I didn't want to move.Infact,I NEVER wanted to move again.If I wasn't severely obsessed with my education and future. But of course,I'm going to choose the right way and go.I pulled my phone out from the charger it was plugged into. No new messages. I cursed quietly and set my phone back down with the grumpy expression. "God. I was hoping he'd at least text me. What a friend." I thought quietly. How much more could I stand? Let alone the fact that I have exams coming up..Will I ever get a break?Will I even make it to college alive? Of course I shook the thoughts away,not wanting to deal with them at the moment. I curled my body to the point where I squeezed the pillow with all my might. Listening to the wind blow quickly outside, I eventually let my thoughts consume me and fell asleep in a deep,deep,depression.

((I just want to know if anybody is reading this before I continue.:) thank you to whomever is reading!!))