Chapter 9.Confusion

*Lunars pov*

My lips met his.I didn't think I'd actually kiss him.I got so tangled up into feeding him bread and feeling his warm breath against my face that I got love struck.I couldn't handle it.He was irresistible like the anime crushes I've had.But I just met the boy and I most likely scared the absolute shit out of him.After pulling away for what seemed like hours,I put on my best fake smirk."And that's how you get a modest loser to eat."He seemed to be stuck in a daze because he just stared blankly at the wall.After several minutes of silence he parted his lips to speak.

"I wanted my first kiss to be meaningful.To be from the heart.I wanted my girlfriend to be able to enjoy my presence and kiss me when I was down to rise me above this hellish life.I know it's silly,but I'm only human.I have hopes and dreams and life goals that I'd love to achieve in the near future.And I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk but I'd rather have my first kiss to be meaningful rather than a silly little childish prank.Please forgive me,I don't mean to have a cocky attitude if I do.It's not on purpose."

I was absolutely shocked.That meek tiny boy had just pourn his most likely fragile heart out to me and all I could do was just stand there like an idiot.Typical.I couldn't reply,most likely because I was at loss with words.I'd just crushed the boys hopes into tiny,microscopic  pieces.But...Maybe I didn't.He doesn't know that the kiss was actually meaningful.So I could fix it!But..we had just met.And he'd probably laugh because he thinks it's not true.So instead of answering,I just stood there mouth agape.He simply just stared at me without any explanation.But the silence was quickly broken when noises erupted from behind my closed wooden door.

"Elaine!We can't afford to lose anymore money!We have to get rid of the damn cat!"The male hollered.

Oh shit.It's my parents.I know for a fact that when they open the door they'll see Jackson.So I braced myself.The door flew open sending a gust of cold winter chills down my spine.My mother,Elaine,stumbled over her heels.She was wearing a light purple dress that reached down to her knees and heels to match.Her ears were decorated with shiny  diamonds and her neck had a glistening heart necklace resting against her neckline.Her long black hair was tossed up in a tight pony tail and her face consisted of red lipstick,black mascara and eyeliner,and light purple eyeshadow.She looked troubled,but none the less young.My father however,wore the exact opposite.He was dressed in baggy clothing.He wore a white t-shirt that had coffee stains splattered acround like a jackson pollick painting.He wore black heavy jeans with tears in the sides.He had a soft light brown jacket on along with heavy combat boots.His breath reaked of alcohol.He instantly snapped his gaze towards me."Who's this."He slurred and leaned against the wall for back support.

"It's my friend Jackson.But that's none of your business."I narrowed my eyes.His presence was absolutely disgusting.I cannot begin to think that this is my father.Standing right infront of the boy of my dreams,absolutely wasted."He glared, cowering over a staring Jackson. "Boy.Don't mess with my daughter.She's  a real fighter.She also has l-"

"Dad stop.now.Go upstairs you're clearly intoxicated at the moment."I huffed out and crossed my arms stubbornly.He glared for a solid moment then growled."Don't you give me lip you little bitch!"He yelled before grabbing the collar of my shirt,spitting in my face before throwing me to the floor.Shortly after being thrown to the floor my parents exited the room once more arguing. I was alone with Jackson.I stood up,still very shakey.My eyes slowly rested on Jackson's face who was standing with his mouth agape like I was previously.

There were no words.