Fading.

5 months later

I curl up in a studio, completely wrecked. I'm crying my eyes out, fucking bawling. My boyfriend is fucking cheating. He has been. I saw it on his phone this morning, packed my shit, and decided to stay in a studio. I lay down, writing paragraphs about the aching sadness that's exuding from my soul. He's intertwining his soul with somebody else. I don't want him anymore. He's disgusting. At the same time, I feel pain for myself. My soul. I feel like it's been driven over and crushed. I take pictures of the paper that has tears on it, ink smearing in some places as I send it to Matty. Ashton walks in and freezes as I run a hand through my hair, still in the floor. "Rose?" I sit up as he crouches, hugging me tightly. I hug him, his arms around my shoulders. "You okay?" I nod and sigh. "Yeah. Just letting shit go." He nods and reads, both of us talking softly after he puts them in my purse. We move to the couch and he hugs me to his side, as the best friend he's been to me for the past seven months. He rubs my back, laying down and allowing me to fall asleep on his shoulder.

I wake up and Ashton's hugging me to his side, my eyes widening. I blink heavily and yawn into my hands as Ash is on his phone. "Ugh, what time is it?" "Noon." He smiles, asking how I feel as he runs a hand over my hair. "Depends. Kinda shit, honestly." He nods and smiles. "You're joining me today. Congrats." "In what?" "Touring." I raise an eyebrow. "Okay." He laughs and I shake my head, hugging him as I'm half asleep. "You're cute." He mumbles. I sigh and he holds me firmly. "Wait- when?" He smiles softly. "A few hours." I nod and curl up, his hand on my arm. "Where'd you get the blanket?" "I brought it, I had intention of staying the night too." I nod and blush. "I didn't take much of my shit to his house. That's about it." He nods, kissing my forehead. "He's an ass." "Thank you." He smiles, chuckling as I beam. "Let's go get coffee. I'll even get it. Peppermint mocha?" My eyes widen. "Wait. Wait. How did you-" "Come on. You make them from Pinterest like once a week." I blush and he laughs when I hug him tightly. "You gotta let me change." He nods and hugs me. "I'll be outside." I get up and so does he, kissing my cheek before heading out. I blush and nod, changing. Okay. I got this. He's a friend, but a cute one. Touring? With... whatever. "Are you touring with Dad?" I ask, opening the door in ripped jeans, ankle boots, and a grey sweater. He smiles immediately. "Yes." I smile. "Oooooh, yes." He laughs and has someone get my bags with his, his arm lacing through mine as we go to the Starbucks down the street.