Ballad.

I wake up, dreading today. Honestly. I don't know why. I check my phone. 4am? Fuckkkk. I decide to go back to sleep, knowing why now. I feel my bunk sink and watch as Ashton nuzzles into my neck, cuddling with me. The guys are here. "Ash its four in the morning." I whisper. He kisses my neck, hugging me and relaxing as I run a hand through his hair. "We broke up." He mumbles. I nod and he just cuddles with me, both of us going to sleep.
I wake up, guys murmuring. "They'll figure it out. Obviously, it's not okay yet. C'mon." The guys leave and I go back to sleep, Ash tugging me closer when I cuddle into his chest. We adjust and tangle our legs, his arms around my upper arms as I relax. "Rose?" "Yeah?" "Did you hurt this much?" I scoot up and hug him tightly, eyes widening when I feel my shirt dampen. I run a hand through his hair repeatedly, kissing his head. "Yeah." I mumble. He nods and pulls me into him, my spare hand on his back as he cries.

I get into the venue with Ash, after making him wear a grey t-shirt so he's not in all black. He smiles as I sit beside Jack, sitting with me. Calum raises an eyebrow, texting me.
Cal 'What's wrong with ash'
'💔'
He pouts and Jack hugs me to his side, reading it and pouting. "That's not good." "Me too." His eyes widen. "What?" "Yeah." He sighs, rubbing my back as I shrug. "How long and why?" "The day before tour, I saw some chick texting him when he left his phone at home." He nods, smirking. "And you left?" "Yeah..." "Good." I nod, head on his shoulder. Matty sends me a link to a YouTube video with "-" as the title and I listen, Jack raising an eyebrow. I freeze at the first line, turning it up. So I heard you found somebody else, and at first I thought it was a lie. I rest my head on Jack's shoulder, closing my eyes. Jack listens to my other earbud, his eyes wide. I'm smiling softly, watching the black screen. Ashley did say to send Matty the darkest shit. I sigh quietly, dreamily, and Dad turns as Jack is shocked. "Fuck that, get money." I nearly laugh as Jack's jaw drops. I can't give you my soul because we're never alone. I beam. "Awwwww." "What the hell is this?" "I sent Matty some shit and he did this. Ashley said to send him the darker shit." He looks between me and that. "I can not believe this." "It's too beautiful." I mumble, listening to the second half of the video. You should be loving someone? My eyebrows furrow and Jack smirks. "Oooooooh-" "Shh." He smirks and nods as I listen to the song. "Oh my god." I mumble. Matty texts me.
Matty '1- you
2- You to Ashton (insp. by Ashley)'
I listen to the speech and my eyes widen. Jack is caught off-guard, and I sink into his side. "Did he just say-" "Yeah." He smiles and I nod, knowing why I want to scream this song at the top of my lungs. I text him afterwards.
'These are astoundingly beautiful.'
Matty 'Thank you love'
"Roooose, jaaack, are you okay?" Dad asks. "Matty sent me a few songs that I can't even handle right now." I mumble, dad smirking when Luke's head shoots up. "If you can't handle them, they must be really nice." "They're fucking amazing." He laughs as Jack comments. "I have to agree." I chirp. "I sent him like four pages of shit and he illustrated every letter so profoundly..." I say to Jack, who laughs as I just cuddle into his side. "Someone's in love with music." "Yeah." Ashton beams as I smile.