New Years Kiss (Miles x Reader)

You watch Miles as he struggles to tie his tie, laughing slightly.

"Gah, why is this so difficult?" He huffs, making you laugh more. "Y/N, stop laughing! This isn't funny!"

You press your lips together and move away from Miles' bedroom door frame, "c'mere." You say while walking towards him. "I can't believe you're 26 years old and don't know how to tie a tie." You shake your head, grabbing the tie and begin to tie it for him.

"I swear I was able to yesterday!" He defends himself.

"Sure sure."

He pouts a little but doesn't say anything as he watches you.

"There." You smile, taking a step back and looking your best friend up and down. "What would you do without me?"

"Be able to go to this party with no tie." He says and you roll your eyes at him, you two had been arguing about the dress code of this party for weeks. Eventually, you won and he had to wear a sports coat and tie.

"Hush now" you jokingly warn, making him laugh.

---

By the time you get to your coworker's house the party is in full swing and a lot of people are already drunk.

"See? Almost every other guy is wearing a tie." You tell Miles, poking his side.

"Yeah yeah. You were right." He sighs. "Wait here, I'll get us drinks."

You watch Miles walk away, not noticing Lindsay walk up behind you, "boo!" She yells, almost as loud as the music.

You jump and let out a small squeak, "what the hell, Lindsay?" You ask, not even needing to turn around.

She steps to your side and smiles. "Tonight is the night!" She announces.

You look at her confused and she rolls her eyes.

"It's the night you're going to tell Miles how you feel!" You're eyes widen and you shake your head.

"Nonono, I can't do that!" You glance ahead, making sure Miles isn't close enough to hear your conversation.

"Come on! I see how you look at him, you need to tell him. And if you don't, I'll tell him for you."

"You can't do that!" You shake your head.

"Watch me. Now, go get him, tiger." She says before gently shoving you in his direction.

---

"10!"

You and Miles stand opposite each other in a crowd of people, counting down the seconds to the new year.

"9!"

Miles grins at you, grabbing your hand and squeezing it.

"8!"

You remember the first time he looked at you like that.

"7!"

That was the day you started getting feelings for him.

"6!"

Months later you realised it wasn't just a crush.

"5!"

You realised you were falling head over heals for Miles Luna.

"4!"

And tonight is the night you'll tell him.

"3!"

You take a deep breath and try to calm your nerves.

"2!"

"Miles!" You shout, getting his attention. Quickly, you lean in and press you lips to his.

"1!"

You pull away from him and take a step back, not sure what to expect.

"Happy new year!!"

Miles steps forward, ducking his head and pressing his lips to yours.

In the background you hear shouting from everyone else in the room, but you don't care.

Right now, all you care about is the fact that you're kissing the man you've been in love with for years.

Wow this is shit I'm sorry