The Van Allen's vs Zachariah

Back at home, Dean was chugging down on his Master Cleanse, though the excitement of what had just happened was probably going to be enough to keep him regular for a while. "Holy crap dude," Dean muttered.

"Yeah. I could use a beer," Sam said, leaning on the back of the couch and looking around at the house.

"Oh, sorry, man. I'm on the Cleanse. I got rid of all the carbs in the house," Dean said apologetically and Karoline chuckled, dropping her bag, she pulled a couple of beer cans out of it and tossed one to Sam. Dean looked at her in exasperation, "Do you have everything in that bag."

"Pretty much," She smiled, tossing him his own, before cracking one for herself.

"Hey. How the hell did you know that ghosts are scared of wrenches?" Sam asked again and Karoline shrugged.

"Crazy, right?" She said. "I just grabbed the nearest weapon, but it felt like the right thing to do."

"And nice job kicking that door too. That was very Jet Li. What are you, like a black belt or something?" Dean commented, gesturing to Sam.

"No. I have no clue how I did that. It's like...we've done this before." Sam replied.

"What do you mean, before? Like Shirley MacLaine before?" Dean asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No. I—I just can't shake this feeling like I—like I don't belong here. You know? Like I should do something more than sit in a cubicle." Sam answered.

"I think most people who work in a cubicle feel that same way," Alayna said and Dean laughed.

"No." Sam said, standing up and beginning to pace. "Well, look, it's more than that. Like, I don't like my job. I don't like this town. I don't like my clothes. I don't like my own last name... I don't know how else to explain it, except that...it feels like I should be doing something else. There's just something in my blood. Like I was destined for something different."

Dean had taken a seat on the couch with the girls while he talked, and now he came to stop in front of them. "What about you? You ever feel that way?" Sam asked.

Dean shrugged. "I don't believe in destiny. I do believe in dealing with what's right in front of us, though," he replied.

"Alright, so, what do we do now?" Karoline asked.

"We do what I do best, Kare-bear. Research," Dean replied, pulling his laptop out of his brief case and putting it on the dinner table.

"Okay. Did you just call me Kare-bear?" Karoline asked with a frown.

"Did I?" Dean asked, thinking about it - somehow she just looked like a Kare-bear.

"I think you did. Yeah," Karoline replied with a short nod and another frown. "Don't."

"Sorry," Dean shrugged, turning to the computer. Alayna had already opened her laptop and was looking through pages online.

Dean typed in the words 'ghost' and 'hunt' and 'real' and hit enter, waiting for the search engine to generate results, sipping on his beer and reveling in the best thing he'd tasted in three weeks. "Oh, jackpot!" Dean said with a smile and Sam and the girls came over to look. "I just found the best site ever. Real, actual ghost hunters. These guys are genius. Check it out."

The website was for a couple of guys called Ghostfacers, and they had videos and everything. Dean pulled up a video on their front page and found a couple of geeky looking guys staring back at them wearing white lab coats. Stuttering through their introduction, they talked about how they were looking at their site because they had a ghost problem - well duh, why else would they be there? One guy was yabbering on about what they needed to do. "First step in any supernatural fight... figure out what you're up against."