02

Friday 7.30pm

Eva reached her hand up, knocking on Chris Schistad's door.Chris opened the door and let us in and I could feel his eyes on us as we walked in.

The music was loud and everywhere I looked I saw people with red cups in their hands while they talked, danced and laughed. For some reason, I found myself thinking about William and then I was also looking for William.

I had been given a red cup, and took small zips of it; not wanting to get too drunk tonight, knowing that I might do something I'll regret later on.
"I'm just getting out for some air!" I shouted at Noora over the music, she nodded and went back into her conversation with Eva; who was drunk at this point.

I leaned against the railing out on the balcony, hearing the loud music even though the door was almost completly closed. I stood up straight, my hands still on the railing and I sighed.
"Hey Kat" the sudden voice made my body jump.

I turned around comeplty and when I saw who it was, I relaxed.
"Hey" I said and smiled.

William smiled at me and took a few steps closer to me, his hands in his pockets while looking at me

William smiled at me and took a few steps closer to me, his hands in his pockets while looking at me. I turned around again and put my hands once again on the railing.
"What happend between you and Noora?" I said once he was on my side.

"It doesn't matter. It's in the past" he anwsered. Why was I so curious about their past?
All I did was nod and I let out a breath. I looked at William from the corner of my eye and he was drinking from his cup.

It was hard to deny the fact that he was gorgeuos, it really was and I didn't want to be one of those girls that fall in love with him because he never feels the same. Or that's what I've heard around school.

"You like staring at me?" he said while moving the cup away from his lips and then looking at me; smiling.
"Uh.." was what I could get out as I felt my cheeks grow hot in embarrassment. I quickly turned around, my back against the railing.

My eyes were glued on the floor and the warmth on my cheek was never leaving. I saw William's feet in front of mine, which meant that he was standing in front of me now instead on next to me.

He took his fingers under my chin, tilting my head up so that he was looking into my eyes. I didn't want him to kiss me, but at the same time I did. But how could I know if he was playing me or not? Everyone at school knows that he's a fuckboy and once a fuckboy, always a fuckboy right?

He slowly leaned in closer and I felt his breath on my face. His eyes looked down at my lips before they looked back into mine. When there was only inches away from our lips touching, the balcony door opened and William instantly took steps back.

I was smiling in embarrassment and looked at the ground as one of William's RIOT-club friends came out on the balcony. The smile on my face quickly faed and I then furrowed my eyebrows as they started to speak with each other.

 The smile on my face quickly faed and I then furrowed my eyebrows as they started to speak with each other

"William, we have a problem" his friend said, looking seriously at William. They whispered something to each other and then William turned to me.
"I have to go" then he turned around and walked away.

Noora came out on the balcony, looking over her sholder as she saw William walking away from me. She looked at me in confusion and continued to look behind her, and she saw William look back at us.

"Did I miss something?" She asked, cocking her eyebrow up while smirking. I laughed, taking my bottom lip inbetween my teeth and looked around. Then I realized, if William had kissed me; I would've been the worst friend to Noora. You don't take your best friends ex-boyfriend.

"I'm sorry" I said, looking up at her. My voice was serious and her smirk faded, confusion appearing on her face.
"What do you mean?"

"I almost kissed William" I blurted out quickly. Surprise caught up in her face and she gave me a gentle smile.
"Okay"

"Okay? You should be mad at me! Friends don't do that, friends don't take other friends ex-boyfriends! In all honesty I don't know why I almost kissed him, I barerly know him" the last part got more calm and I wasn't shouting anymore.

Noora put her hands on my sholder and looked me directly in the eyes
"Look, I know how hard it is not to fall for William. And if you do then...it happends. I want you happy I do, but in honesty I don't think William is the guy for you. I thought he was for me but...I guess he wasn't. I also don't know if he has completly changed but for your sake I hope so"

"But why? Why would he go for me?" I asked

"The same reason he went for me; you're different"