Chapter 2

I woke up to someone banging on my door. I stood up. I slipped on booty shorts and a tank top. I stood up. I slipped shoes on. I walked over to my door, and opened it. Octavia was standing there. She said "They are having a public execution".

I said "When"?

She said "Now". We started running. We ran outside. Travis and Glass were standing right outside. Pike had his gun out.

I said "What the hell are you doing, Pike"?

He said "They are Grounders, Clarke".

I said "Yeah their Grounders. So what? They weren't going to attack. They were starving. If any one of us were starving we would have done the same thing. Just because they are Grounders does not mean they are cruel. We're the cruel ones for letting you kill a whole army that only wanted to protect us from people that were going to put our heads on sticks. Now their army is gathered outside right now, and nobody knows what they want. If they are here to attack it's because you went all trigger happy". He pointed the gun at me.

I said "Please, you wouldn't kill me that easily. How about a deal? My life instead of theirs".

He said "Why would that help me"?

I said "I'm turning the people against you. You can tell. I've been doing it subtly, but you're going too far like usual".

He said "Fine. Death by a hundred cuts". I smiled.

I said "If you hate Grounders so much why are you picking up their customs"? He didn't say anything.

Octavia said "What are you doing, Clarke"?

I said "That's two less dead Grounders".

She said "No. You can't". I shrugged. A guard walked Glass and Travis inside. A guard tied my arms behind my back. Lincoln ran out. He grabbed Octavia. The guard tied me up to a post. Octavia ran up to the front of the group that had gathered around.

I said "Octavia, when Bell gets back tell him I love him. Tell him to stick to the plan, and not do anything stupid".

She screamed "No". Lincoln grabbed her. She was crying. Pike stepped up to me. He brought out a knife. Mom ran out.

She yelled "What the hell are you doing"? She ran over to us. A guard shocked her with one of their batons. She screamed, and fell down.

I said "Look at all the chaos you're creating, Pike". He cut my arm. I screamed. He smirked. I said "You'll obviously do anything to stay Chancellor". He cut my other arm. I screamed again. Then I gasped. I said "Are you scared I can win the vote, Pike"? He cut my thigh.

I screamed again. Octavia was screaming too. Mom was screaming. Everyone was fighting, and it was complete and utter chaos. I said "Pike, you're going to make everyone kill each other". He cut my other thigh. I screamed.

He said "I love to watch you suffer". I took in deep breaths.

I said "I was just trying to save everyone". He cut my stomach. I screamed.

He yelled "That's what I was doing".

I said "You were starting a war. You knew that, but you didn't care". He walked behind me. He cut my back. I screamed again. My throat was sore, but I couldn't stop myself from screamed. Pike appeared in my vision again. He brought the knife up to my cheek. He started to cut it. Then an arrow went deep into his neck.

I immediately recognized the arrow. It was Bell's signal. I looked. He was standing in the woods. I was surprised the arrow made it this far. I whispered "He's back". I smirked. He ran to the gate. The gate opened, and he ran in. He ran straight to me.