Chapter 4

I woke up in someone's arms. I opened my eyes. I couldn't see anything. It felt like I had a bag over my head. I also had something in my mouth. My legs were tied together by the ankle, and my wrists were tied together behind my back. The person that was carrying me started walking. When I woke up I hoped it was someone from Arkadia, but I was tied up. It was definitely not people from Arkadia. A couple of minutes later the guy put me on my knees.

I heard someone say "We found her in a truck from Arkadia". The bag came off of my head. We were in Polis. We were at the top level. I was also sitting in front of the Commanders throne. King Roan was sitting in his throne. He saw me. He sat forward.

He said "Let her go". The guy untied me. I stood up. I rubbed my wrists. I looked around. We were the only people in there.

I said "Where's Bellamy"? King Roan looked at the guy that had carried me in. The guy shook his head. King Roan sighed. I looked at the ground. I blinked away tears.

King Roan said "Wanheda, what happened"?

I said "The front of our truck blew up". Right after Monty told us to get out. Maybe he had something to do with it. No, he would have told us earlier. Hannah was the only one who had access to the truck. Maybe she had just told Monty. He tried to help us. I said "I'm going to need to see the wreckage".

King Roan said "Of course. As soon as you leave. Where were you going"?

I said "Here. Pike is dead. My people elected Bell and I as the new Chancellor". He nodded.

He said "I thought your people didn't elect young people". I tried to take a step forward, but I felt immense pain. I looked down. My leg had a huge cut on it. It was from the dash board.

I said "We weren't kids anymore. They sent us down here to die, and we didn't. We grew up quickly down here". He nodded.

He said "So you came here to ask for peace"?

I said "Basically". He nodded.

He said "I wasn't planning on attacking your people. That would have gone against Lexa, and she made me king. I wouldn't do that".

I said "The army"?

He said "A clan broke off from us, because I'm not doing anything about you. The army is just to protect you. They were scared, of course, but they got over it".

I said "Thank you, Commander".

He said "Please, call me Roan".

I said "Thank you, Roan".

He said "You're welcome, Clarke". He motioned to the guy that carried me in. He said "Take her to the healer. Then take her to the kitchen, and get her some food. After that she will have a room up here. Just bring her up here". The guy nodded. Roan said "We'll talk later". I nodded. The guy put his arm around my waist.

We walked out. We walked out onto the elevator. It started moving. I held onto the railing. A couple of minutes later the elevator stopped. We walked out. We walked down a couple of halls. Eventually we got to what I was guessing was the healers room. The guy helped me up on a table. Another Grounder walked in.

I assumed that he was the Healer. He turned to the one that carried me in. The one that carried me in said "The Commander insists you help her". The healer nodded. He walked over to me. He started working on my leg. A couple of minutes later he was done.

He said "Keep the poultice on it for about a week". I nodded. He walked out. I stood up. I could put weight on it now. It hurt, but not a lot. The guy that carried me started to walk out. I followed him. We walked to the kitchen. The cook handed me some food.