Chapter 14

I woke up feeling good. I wasn't tired, and I didn't feel sick. I felt a lot better. I sat up. I stood up. I put on skinny jeans and a tank top. I walked out. Lincoln and Octavia were sitting on the ground playing cards. I smiled. I said "Told you it would be boring".

Octavia smiled. She put the cards away, and stood up. Lincoln said "Roan isn't back yet". I nodded. I walked out, and closed the door. We walked to the Cafeteria. We grabbed some food, and sat down. We ate. Kane walked in, and grabbed some food. He sat down next to me.

I said "Kane is there training today"? He nodded.

He said "Why"?

I said "I need to start training again".

He said "What? No".

I said "Yes. I can't even protect myself let alone all of these people. I need to".

He said "It's too early".

I said "No it's not. It's been a week. I'm ready". He sighed.

He said "I obviously can't stop you".

I said "No you can't". He sighed. He ate. When he was done we all stood up. We walked to the training room. There was a mat on the ground. Two of the kids were fighting. Miller, Brian, and Jasper were in the group. They had huge sticks that looked like walking sticks. They were fighting with those.

(The picture is what they basically are. Ours are just straight, and they don't have lettering. Some of them have figurines on the end of them. They were also taller than us.) The guys stopped fighting when we walked in. They bowed their heads, and said "Chancellor".

Kane said "Clarke wants to train. Take it easy on her".

I said "Don't take it easy. I won't be". I walked over to the table. It had a bunch of the sticks on it. I grabbed one. It was white, and it had a horse on one end of it. I walked to the mat. The two guys that were fighting sat down. Jasper jumped up. He grabbed a stick, and walked onto the mat. I twirled the stick.

Kane sighed. He whispered "This is going to be bad". Jasper came at me, and I swiped his legs out from under him. He slammed down on the ground. He groaned. Miller stood up. Jasper got off of the mat. Miller grabbed a stick. He walked onto the mat. He went to hit me, and I blocked it.

I went to hit him, and he blocked. I went to hit his left side, and he blocked. I went to hit his right side, and he blocked. I smiled. I said "Nice". He went to hit my face, and I leaned back out of its way. I swept his feet out from under him. He stood up, and rolled his shoulders. He twirled his stick. He went to hit me, and I blocked.

He kept doing it. Eventually he let his guard down, and I slammed the stick down on his right side. He gasped, and fell down. He stood back up. I saw someone walk in. I glanced at the corner of my eye. It was Roan. Miller came at me, and I blocked. His stick was so close to my face. He started to swing at me again, and I blocked.

He kept doing it again and again, and I blocked again and again. I fell to my knees. He kept swinging, and I kept blocking. Eventually he swung, and I ducked. I slammed my stick into his knee. He fell down. He smiled. He said "I almost had you".

I said "Almost". I stood up. I helped him up. Roan grabbed a stick, and walked up to me.

He said "You're taking your anger out on them when you should be taking it out on me". He twirled his stick. He said "Leave us". Everyone walked out except for Kane.

I said "Go, Kane".

He said "Clarke".

I said "Kane, please". He sighed. He walked out. He shut the door. Roan came at me, and I blocked. He kept coming at me, and I kept blocking. I ducked, and slammed the stick on his right side. He walked a couple of steps. Then he kept coming at me. I kept blocking.