Chapter 13

I woke up to sunlight filling my eyes. I remembered what happened. I opened my eyes. I sat up. Indra was sitting in a chair next to me. She sat up. My stomach was killing me. I gasped. I grabbed it. Indra pushed me back down.

She said "Take it easy, Clarke". I laid back down. I rubbed my head.

I said "Those guards ran into my room, and slammed me up against the wall".

She said "You told Lincoln it was something about the guards. I kind of guessed". I nodded. Mom walked in.

She said "You're up"?

I said "How long have I been out"?

She said "A week". I rubbed my head.

I said "Roan isn't back yet"? Indra shook her head.

She said "He sent a rider yesterday. He'll be here today". I nodded. I turned to Mom.

She said "Indra could you leave us"? Indra looked at me. I nodded. She stood up.

She said "Clarke, I'm going to have Lincoln watch over you. I'm going back to camp, and lock up those two. Roan will want a word with them when he gets back". I nodded. She walked out. Mom sat down in the chair that Indra was sitting in. I slowly sat up. She put my hands in hers.

She said "Clarke when you were slammed against the wall your stomach hit way too hard. You lost the baby". Tears filled my eyes. I nodded.

I said "I wasn't sure, but I knew something bad was happening". She nodded. She hugged me.

She whispered "I'm sorry". I wiped my eyes.

I said "No, it's fine. I'm fine". She looked at me. I said "I didn't want it in the first place". Then someone walked in. I looked up. It was Roan. Mom stood up.

She said "It probably isn't a good time, Roan".

I said "Mom, leave us, please". She nodded. She stood up, and walked out. Roan walked over. He started to pull me in for a hug, but I turned away. He sighed. He sat down on the bed.

He said "What happened"?

I said "Two guys ran into the room, and slammed me up against the wall. They were your men, Roan. I trusted them, because they were your men".

He said "Where was Indra"?

I said "She was laying down. She switched shifts with them".

He said "Where is she now"?

I said "Back at camp. She said she was going to lock them up, and wait for you". He nodded.

He said "Good. I'll be back, Clarke. I'll bring you their heads".

I said "Don't. I don't want to see them ever again". He nodded.

He said "Just know I will get revenge". I turned away. He sighed. He walked out. Lincoln walked in. He walked over, and sat down.

I whispered "Thank you for bringing me in".

He said "You're welcome". I scooted to the edge of the bed, and put my feet on the ground. I stood up. Lincoln grabbed my arm. He stood up.

I said "Could you just help me to the bathroom"? He nodded. He helped me to the bathroom. I closed the door, and leaned against the wall. I was wearing sweats and a tank top. I pulled the tank top a bit. I had a huge cut on my stomach. It was stitched up though. Mom probably had to perform a C-Section to get it out. I sighed.

I pulled the shirt back down. I opened the door. Lincoln helped me back to the bed, and I sat down. Mom walked in. I said "I'm sorry I kind of ruined our dinner".

She said "No it's fine. It wasn't your fault". I nodded. I stood up. Lincoln stood up. Mom said "Take it easy today, Clarke". I nodded.

I said "I will". Lincoln and I walked out. He was ready in case I started to fall. We walked to the Cafeteria. We grabbed some food and sat down. We ate. Octavia walked in. I said "Lincoln you don't have to be a guard. I'll be fine". He shook his head.

He said "Roan told me to". I sighed. Octavia grabbed some food, and sat down.

She said "Hey, Clarke".

I said "Hey". She ate.

Lincoln said "O, I have to watch her".

She said "I know. I'm going to help you". I smiled.

I said "Well it's going to be pretty boring, because I'm going to bed". Octavia smiled. She shrugged.

She said "It gives Lincoln and I some time to talk". I smiled. We stood up. We walked to my room. The room that I used to share with Bellamy. I walked in, and closed the door. I walked over to the bed, and laid down. I closed my eyes, and fell asleep.