Chapter 5

I woke up to something touching my neck. I opened my eyes. A guy was standing over me. He was a Grounder. He also had a knife pressed to my throat. It was light out, so it was morning. I slammed my knee up. It hit his stomach. He fell back. I jumped up.

I started to run for the door, but he grabbed my shoulder. He threw me into a desk. I reached behind me for anything to stab him with. He cut my arm. It wasn't very deep. He stepped right up to me. He put the knife against my neck. I looked up at him. I grabbed a pencil. He made the tiniest cut on my neck.

I slammed my hand up, and stabbed him in the neck. He grabbed his neck. I grabbed the knife. He fell to the ground. I wiped the knife off. I put it in my pocket. I walked out. I walked down to Roan's room, and slammed the doors open. He sat up. Three girls sat up too.

Roan and the girls had on only sheets. I looked away. I said "I'm leaving right now, Roan. Get ready, and I'll be at the stables". I shut the door. I walked to the elevator. It went down. When I got to the bottom I walked outside. I walked to the stables. I grabbed the tack for Avalanche.

I tacked him up. A couple of minutes later Roan walked in. He had some food and 4 guards. He handed me some food. Then he grabbed my arm. He touched my neck. He said "There was a body in your room. The guards had stepped out for breakfast. What happened"?

I said "I woke up, and some guy was holding a knife to my throat. I kneed his stomach, and tried to get away. He threw me into the desk, and I stabbed him".

He said "With what"?

I said "A pencil". He looked at me. I said "I have stuff to tell people. I can't die yet". He sighed. He let go of me. I ate while he got Blaze ready. His guards got their horses ready. I got on Avalanche. Roan got on his horse.

The guards got on theirs. The horses started walking. Roan said "Are we going back to the wreckage first"? I nodded. He said "Alright". A couple of hours later we made it to the wreckage. I hopped down off of Avalanche. One of the guards held out his hand. I gave him the reins. I walked over to the truck.

It was on its side. Bell's side was on the ground. I climbed on top of it, and opened the door. I lowered myself in. I saw my back pack on the ground. I opened it. Everything in it was alright. I slung it over my shoulder. Nothing else was worth grabbing. I slowly got out of the truck.

I didn't want to hurt my leg any more. Roan said "Are you alright"? I nodded. I jumped down off of the truck. Then I noticed something weird. Something was attached to the engine that wasn't supposed to be there. I walked over to it. There was a bunch of wires connecting to it. I unconnected them, and pulled the thing away. It looked like a bomb.

Roan said "What is it"? I didn't say anything. Hannah put it there. She intended to hurt us. She probably wanted to kill us both. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked. It was Roan. He said "What is it"?

I said "If it's what I think it is someone intended on killing us both. They won't be very happy to know that I'm alive, so as soon as we get back I have to tend to her".

He said "You already know who it is"?

I said "If this is what I'm thinking it is, then yes. I know exactly who did it". He nodded.

He said "Alright". We walked back over to the horses. I put the bomb in Avalanche's saddlebag. I got on him. Roan got on his horse. We kept going to Arkadia. A couple of minutes later a rider came running up. Roan stopped his horse. I stopped Avalanche. I started to grab the knife I had in my back pocket.

The rider stopped in front of us. Roan said "Alexandra, I'm going to need you to go back to Polis. Get Bellamy's body, and bring it back to Arkadia". She nodded.