Chapter 6

I woke up in Medical. Mom was asleep in the bed across from me. Roan was sitting in the chair right next to me. He was leaned against the back of the chair. He sat straight up when he saw that I was awake though. He said "You're up, Wanheda".

I said "I'm up". Mom sat up.

She said "Clarke". She jumped out of bed. She walked over to me. She checked all of my vitals. She said "Roan, I'm going to have to ask you to step out for a minute". Roan nodded. He stood up. He walked out. Mom said "He hasn't left your side". I nodded.

I looked around. I said "Where's Travis and Glass"?

She said "Miller took them out on a short walk. They'll be coming back any minute now". I nodded. She moved the bed sheet away from my leg, so she could look at it. She said "It's getting better. I had to give you a shot". I nodded. She said "You put a lot of trust in that Grounder".

I said "I have to. They need to know I trust them. It's the only way we'll truly be safe". She nodded.

She said "I'm sorry about Bellamy".

I said "As am I". She nodded. She put a bandage on my leg.

She said "If it goes numb again get me immediately". I nodded.

I said "Alright". I stood up. I put my weight on it, and it was fine. I walked out. Kane walked up to me.

He said "Are you alright, Clarke"? I nodded. He said "I heard you were hurt".

I said "I'm fine".

He said "I'm going to go talk to Abby". I nodded. He walked in.

Roan said "Our rider isn't here yet". I nodded.

I said "We should get something to eat". He nodded. We walked to the cafeteria. We grabbed some food, and sat down. Everyone stopped talking. They looked at us.

Roan said "It's quiet".

I said "They're scared of you".

He said "Our ways aren't normal to you. Of course you would be scared". I nodded. We ate. Roan said "I have a question for you, Wanheda".

I said "What is it"?

He said "You were more worried about me getting fresh bed sheets then you going to Medical after one of my people put poison on your leg".

I said "The only way my people will feel safe from you is if we have this deal. What you told me last night makes me feel the need to treat you as you are treating me". He looked at me. He nodded.

He said "Alright". I saw Miller walking around.

I said "Miller, come here". He walked over to me.

He said "Yes, Clarke".

I said "Would you please show King Roan around? I'm going to go get the room ready for Glass and Travis". He grinned.

He said "Of course". I nodded. We stood up. They walked away. I walked to my room. I put all of my stuff away. I put Bellamy's stuff in crates. I had a guard walk in. He took the crates to Octavia. Then Roan walked up to me.

He said "She's back". I nodded. We walked out. We walked up the gate.

I said "Open it up". The guard opened the door. The rider ran up. She had a makeshift tarp, and there was a body wrapped in a blanket on it. She rode in, and stopped. She got off.

Roan said "Thank you Alexandra". She nodded. I walked over. I unhooked the tarp. Octavia ran over. She glared at me when I started for her. I stayed where I was. I looked at the ground. I motioned a guard over. He walked over to me.