You Owe Me

It's Saturday Morning, and it's 6 a.m. What a wonderful combination.

I reach the school gate, and guess who beat me to it. Jack.

"Well Well well, looks who's late." Jack said with that annoying grin.

"Hey! I'm 5 minutes early you bum."

"Did you just call me a bum?"

"Yea. A big fat one."

"And you know what you are?!"

"What?" I replied curiously.

"Late."

He left it at that and walked in the gate. "I see you're struggling with comebacks." I teased.

"Am not!" He replies.

"Am are!"

"Am are Am not!" he says.

"What the hell." I said laughing.

Before he could reply, the teacher assigned us with our first duties.

There were three other people there. One of Jacks friends, he had a blue beanie(Houston). A girl in my physical science class named Jessica(She's goth and has piercings everywhere. She's literally takes the award for the most rebellious person I've ever met.). Last but not least Anica. She's part of Amanda's gang.(A swimmer, and not the smartest. The only reasons she's here is because she 'forgets' to do her homework, when in fact she's always on social media and only cares about her image.)

"Right. Houston Clubboard and Jessica Smith, off to the classrooms to do clean up duty. Amy James, Anica Winderdail and Jack Rhodemeyer. You three are going to clean up the rest of the outside part of the school." said Mrs Smitt.

She gave us our black bags and small plastic bags to put over out hands. We all walked off and started by the NetBall courts.

"Jack Rhodamayar?" I asked.

"It's pronounced Rhodem-E-yer." he replied.

"Sorry, I've just never heard that surname before."

"It's South African." He replies with gratification.

"It's a bit....odd." I said.

"So your surname 'James' is supposedly normal according to society?"

"Can you two just shut up, who honestly cares!"Anica interrupted.

"Yea you're right, Anica." I replied sarcastically, then looked at Jack.

"The only reason she's like this is because she's scared we will include her into our conversation." Jack said, smirking at me.

"Why would I be scared?" replied Anica, confused.

"Because you have the weirdest surname here." Jack stated laughing.

Anica was so furious she left and went to the other side of the school. "Screw you guys!" Anica said whilst storming off.

"High 5!" Jack said, still laughing.

We high fived and couldn't stop laughing. "I was finding an excuse to get rid of her this whole time." I said. "Why, don't you like her?" Jack asked.

"Well the thing is, I don't have anything against her, she's just... how do I say...like she can be nice, and I just...like..."

"I don't like her either don't worry." Jack interrupted, laughing and then nudged me.

"You're such an annoyance." I said and started picking up papers.