Chapter 1 : Not so alone

Song : Battlefield ~ SVRCINA

"I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage and you will be mine"

7 years ago

Third person POV

Scared. A word Liladel has grown to accept.
Scared of people finding out what she really is. A monster some people would say. She distances herself from anyone and everyone. She makes a point of avoiding conversations. They never end well anyway. The only place she feel normal is the forest. No one goes in there. It's peaceful, secluded.

The sound of a squawking Varactyl shook her out of her daydream. She hurried along with a ruby red apple in hand as the rain began to fall. She could hear people whispering, looking in her direction. They're taking about her again. Liladel glanced at them through her eyelashes. A glare plastered on her face. They soon quietened down, giggling slightly. If they only knew what she could do to them. If they only knew the power she had. She took a bite of the apple making a terrible crunch as she did so.

Bitches.

One of the girls drinks was placed on the table. Liladel was way past angry and didn't realise what she was doing until it fizzed and shook before the cap flew off. I'd be lying if I said it was a little explosion. She quickly turned away and got out of there as quickly as possible. The girls were left screaming covered in the sticky drink. She didn't mean for it to happen but I mean, come on, they were asking for it.

As she entered the edge of the forest she let out a sigh of relief. Aahh, no more social situation.

Liladel only had to walk a little way into the forest to find her baby, Suki. He's a nexu. They're very aggressive and very territorial, but, Suki's just a big puppy...with a few very sharp teeth. He sat on a low branch of a tree peeping out like he was stalking.

"Suki, vino aici!" (Come here)

He growled and gurgled a little as he climbed down from the tree. Liladel strapped her bags of food onto his saddle and patted his neck to calm him.

 Liladel strapped her bags of food onto his saddle and patted his neck to calm him

"Uşor Suki uşor" (easy) She mutter to him as she tightened his reigns. She climbed up onto the saddle and turned him around kicking him into a run back to the house.

As they hurried through the forest the rain seemed to get heavier. Typical. The birds chirped and whistled. Their song ricocheted around the canopy and the melody drowned out the eerie silence in the forest. Liladel kicked Suki to go faster.
Soon their house loomed in the distance and Suki grumbled happily.

As they came to a stop at the door and Liladel hoped off, unclipped Suki's reigns and pulled them off his head before opening the doors and prancing into the house. It wasn't big, but it was home. There was a little kitchen and a bedroom. And behind the house was a watch tower. Probably very old and very dangerous, but Liladel loved it up there just enjoying the view.