Author's Notes

Hello there, Kirryuin here!

I'm glad to see you all again, although this time, we will be delving deep into the world of Mystic Messenger, broken homes and broken hearts! It'll be really fun, I promise.

Allow me to start this Author's notes with a disclaimer. This book will be low-key mature, though I try to keep things to a minimum. I want the story to be deep and insightful, not smutty.

With that being said, allow me to tell you a little about the book. It's an idea I have been cultivating ever since I played 707's route in Mystic Messenger. I was a little distraught that there was no POC character, as I always am in almost everything, but I kept myself silent. It is, after all, a Korean game. (Apparently there are no POC in Korea worth representing. I'm being sarcastic. Every POC is worth representing.) So I took it upon myself to crudely insert Kiira, a devil-may-care, high-end fashion woman with a pet peeve for mistakes and unfairness. I wanted to do this because, as a fellow POC, I feel as if there is no representation in Otome games. Like, hello. We are here, and we very much enjoy the otome genre, as much as any other person. So this is my small, meager way of representation. 
Now, on to representation. I am gonna have to say that I have tried my hardest, swear to God, to represent the Cheritz characters the way they appear in the game. Trying your hardest =/= perfect representation or interpretation. I wish I could have looked deeper into the Korean culture and found out more about the customs and behaviors, but as of now, Google is my reference, but rest assured that I tried the best I possibly could (without being paid). Also, even though I doubt it is any real consolation, I've watched lots of Korean drama. 

Ok. I said this is Black Holes and I will say it here. It's perfectly ok not to like Kiira, or even my strange writing style. I change perspective like I change clothes simply because it makes literary sense to me. It may not work for you. If you don't quite like Kiira, that's A-ok too. I don't like her when she's sober too. I just hope that you'll understand her actions and thoughts. I'll try to get into her head as best as I can.
Ok, Kirr. Stop talking. It's time for the exciting first chapter to begin. 

Please enjoy this lil book I have here. Feel free to comment, point out mistakes, or just share your thoughts with me. It's a lot of fun to hear what you think of this little fan fiction. 
Enjoy.

Kirryuin Eleison.