Chapter 6

Kiira was trying her damnest not to pant or gasp. Her body was demanding oxygen that she just could not provide for the sake of cover. She was on the floor, hiding behind bushes, hoping he would tire out and give up. But what were the odds? She knew how shitty her luck was. He was a determined guy. He wouldn't be deterred by her hiding. She heard the ominous ruffling of leaves, as he moved in the bushes in search of her. She shut herself up, opting not to breathe at all. She had been so still and silent, that even she was sure she wasn't there. He wouldn't find her like this, of that she was sure.

But the universe loved to fuck her over the best way it could. Of all times, the ominous sound of rock guitars and loud drums begun to play from Kiira's pocket. "Sono Chi no Sadame" begun to blare out, as she gasped, devastated.

A very loud song was playing from an area to his left. Luciel wasted no time, taking off to the source of the sound. Sure enough, he saw her silhouette stand from the bushes, turning to run away. "Not this TIME!!" he roared, launching himself off into a tackle.

He knocked whatever little air resided in her lungs right out as he tackled her. Kiira was thrown back into the bushes, which did a very shitty job in cushioning her fall. There were branches and sticks in there, so they only hurt her back. "I finally caught you!!" he growled, and from his back pocket, he pulled out a gun. "WHAT?!" Kiira screeched, feeling every muscle in her body tense. "Answer me. Who do you work for?"
"W-what?!"
"Who do you work for?!" his arm was pressing down on her neck, and the gun was right in her face.
"Quality Aero-space engineer at SkyKO Corporation!!!" she screamed back?
"What? Aero-space engineer? Who are you?"
"Kiira Eleazar!! I work at SkyKO Corporation!! I cover for idiot kids who're too green to do their own work!!"
"Did you take anything from my place on Friday night last week?"
"Oh my God, I took a jacket!! That's all!! It was too cold for me to be running around in a mini-dress!!"

Luciel was suddenly very still, watching her as she shook like a leaf. "I know there were codes on the computer, but I knew some stupid shit would happen if I dared look at them, so I got the hell out of there and didn't look back! I swear, I didn't take anything other than your jacket!! I wasn't planning on giving it back, but I will!!"
His face folded with confusion, then remembered that he was holding a gun to her head. "Oh God." He gasped, putting it away. He hadn't even got it out of safety. If she had been agent, she would have known that. But she had her eyes shut tightly, trying not to breathe too hard or exist in any particular way. Lest she incur his 'wrath'.
Luciel gasped, realizing that he had pointed his gun at an innocent woman. He immediately got off her, throwing his hands back. "I-I'm so sorry, oh my God." He was about to step forward to help her up, but she kind of twitched away. He shouldn't get any closer to her.
"Are...are you alright?" he asked cautiously, weary of frightening her any further.
"NO I'M NOT!! YOU JUST POINTED A GUN AT ME!! YOU JUST THREATENED MY LIFE!! NOT TO MENTION I LOST MY SHOES, AND MY KNEE IS KILLING ME, AND MY FEET ARE HURTING, AND I FEEL LIKE SHIT NOW, AND— "

It took a lot of apologizing and explaining to get her to stop screaming at him. After he explained his situation as vaguely as he could to avoid disclosing agency-related secrets, he bowed, apologizing as honestly as he could for the huge error. She sat up, her arms folded angrily. She looked more like a puppy now compared to the first time he'd met her in the bar. "How dare you look me in the eye after what you've done." She exclaimed, raising her hand threateningly. "I'm sorry, for real! Look, I'll buy you a coffee, or something if you'll calm down."
"I'm damn calm right now." She huffed.
"Now that this misunderstanding has been resolved, I'm getting out of here." She sighed, seeming to have expressed all her anger.  He watched as she tried to stand, but as she fell into bushes almost immediately. "Oh...oh my God! Are you ok??"
"My goddamn legs...they hurt so bad!" she gasped, looking at her legs like they had betrayed her.
"Well, maybe the stress of our.... run.... was too much for them?" he offered.
"Oh God. This isn't fair. I can't believe this is happening. Ok, come on legs. We are gonna have to get our shit together." She muttered to them, then pulled herself up and stood. But it was too much. She would have toppled over if Luciel hadn't reached for her and stopped her fall.
"Are you ok??"
"GET OFF ME, YOU GUN-TOTTERING MANIAC!!" she flung her arms round and round, pushing him off and comically falling flat on her face.
After some deliberating, she politely asked for his assistance.

"I'm not supposed to bring you here. It's a secret place." Luciel murmured as he brought in a limping Kiira. His house was clean this time round because he had managed to con Vanderwood into free house-keeping. "Secret my ass. I'm not gonna show a gun-tottering maniac whereI live. You might decide to assassinate me in the night or something.
"I wouldn't do that."
"I beg to differ." She sneered as she plopped down on his couch. "You said you'd get me coffee in return for the bullshit I've had to endure. I demand some now." She ordered, her back straight.
"I only have PhD. Pepper and Honey Buddha Chips in here." Luciel shrugged,showing her his collection of empty cans. To this, she rolled her eyes. Sitting back on his couch, she exposed the burgundy bodycon dress that showed a healthy amount of her cleavage. Luciel couldn't help but blush as he looked away."What? You're not gonna get me a PhD. Pepper and some chips?"

He got her a bag of chips and a can of soda. She ate all the chips without aweing or appreciating their amazing taste, and downed the soda in almost one gulp. When she was done, she sat back, letting her head loll over the edge of the couch. "I was gonna party today because I'd been in work for a full week without any clubbing. Today was an Ultra Special Break Day."
"I'm sorry."
"No, it's fine. It was a misunderstanding. I'm just glad we got out of it unharmed. Well, you did." She sulked. Luciel stood, remembering that she was injured. "Wait a while. I'll find the first aid box."
"Do you really have one."
"Y-yes I do! I just haven't found a need for it until now."

It took him thirty minutes to find it. Thirty-two and three-quarters if you want to be specific, but Kiira was the only one counting. He rushed back, a triumphant smile on his face. In his hand was a dusty green and red box. It looked very unused. "I found it, I found it."
"Hm." Kiira stuck her bottom lip out. "You found something, that's for sure."
He sat at her feet, pulling the lid open and fishing for the right stuff.
"This cream will make sure you don't have any scars." He held up a brand new tube of ointment. It was white and blue, and completely unused.
"I've got no shortage of scars, so no problem there." She simply said, reaching for the bottom of her dress. Luciel didn't quite understand what was going on, until he saw her begin to pull it up. He jumped back with a screech. "You must remain PG13!!"
"My very existence is an R18, hands down." She rolled her eyes, standing up and pulling her dress up to her hips. Luciel glued his eyes on a distant PhD. Pepper can off to the tables. "H-how can you be so indecent in a man's house?!"
"We were plenty indecent last time I was here, I believe." She casually stated. This only intensified the red on Luciel's face. He opted to laugh like a fool, not seeing a thing she was doing. Amidst his mindless laughing, he heard her sit on the couch. When he dared to look, he saw that she had not, in fact, taken off her dress and begun a repeat of last week's Friday, but instead sat on the couch, this time without stockings. He hadn't even noticed that she had some on. "Well? Aren't you going to treat my knee?"

Luciel was greatly embarrassed by his careless assumption as he patted disinfectant on the wound. His mind was very far away as he put on a large band aid on the wound. "It's done." He quietly announced."Good." She said, then crossed the treated leg over her other. it was a very elegant and fluid motion. "Now, you'll have to drop me off somewhere near myhouse." She simply stated.
"What— "his budding protest was duly subdued by a fiery glare.
"You're right. It's the least I could do after today. Please, this way."

I'm sorry for not updating in so long

I'm sorry for not updating in so long. I keep forgetting about this story, and I highkey reached a crossroad with this story. It could go, like, three different ways, but I gotta choose only one. Have some fanart I did a mighty long time ago. it's not very good, but I liked the wat Luciel looked. And that's a dead oc. She's over, cancelled.

Enjoy this thing lol.