Chapter 12

"Luciel. I have some stuff now. This'll be fine to finally fix you and MC's fucked up love life." Kiira walked into the apartment quickly, holding a hardcover notebook in her hand and a shake in another. As she elegantly strode into his apartment, she noticed how dark it was. The only light present was the soft, cold glow of the monitors at the corner of the room. Kiira slowed, looking around her. Why weren't the lights on? She squinted into the dark, searching for Luciel, and soon found him on his couch, the light barely giving him away. Just six seconds in, and she could feel the depression from him. What had happened now? Kiira sighed, moving to the light switch. She wasted no time flipping it on, and watched the light illuminate the depression. "What's wrong now?"

Luciel was silent for a while, before shaking his head. Nothing. Kiira rolled her eyes. "Bullshit. What's the problem?" he didn't deny anything now. He just sat there, looking dead and gone. After a small while, she walked to him and slowly squatted on her haunches before him. She could now see into his golden eyes. His lips were set, clamped together. Was he determined to not get help? "Tell me what's wrong." She really couldn't bring up her soft voice when she was sober. Unlike lots of other people, Kiira could only show real kindness when she was drunk. If she were to try now, when her head was clearer than the air in the mountains, she would sound fake. And that never helped any situation. She sat there, not quite knowing of a subtle and caring way to convince him to spill the beans, when he spoke.

"Kiira, I don't think we should do this anymore. I don't think we should play with MC's feelings like this anymore."

Kiira was dead silent. He watched her eyes, which were wide with disbelief. He didn't know what to expect from her. He didn't know her. And he wasn't sure he was entirely comfortable with receiving help from a stranger. He was feeling resolute, understanding that he may be giving away any chance of being happy ever again. But this was the best for her and the best for everyone. If he gave her up now, when he wasn't sure he could win her over again, then MC would be safe from his world. It was the best--

"What kind of bullshit is that, Luciel. What the fuck. What the fresh fuck? You don't want to confuse her? What kind of idiot do you think I am? Do you think I'm a fool? I know damn well you're not giving up because of something like that! You're trying to front like you have a noble reason for giving up the love of your life. 'I don't want to confuse her'. 'I don't want her to get hurt'. 'This is the best way I can protect her'. Bull. Shit. The whole load of it! You're just too much of a damn coward to chase after her. You're too much of a damn coward to put everything on the line and love her! Oh my fucking God. This is... this is the kind of shit I hate the most! Not a single guy is ever willing to-urgh!!"

He hadn't expected that even a little. Luciel watched, stiff-backed, as a seething Kiira paced back and forth, going off on a rant. He watched her, in her stylish clothes and boots as she shouted and screamed. That anger. It wasn't the normal anger someone would feel towards something that wasn't personal. Towards a stranger's problems.

"Why are you so angry?" he found the words out of his lips before he even got the chance to stop them. Now they hung in the space between him and her as the things that cut her anger-filler verbal rampage short. She stared at him, her eyes questioning. She stood up tall, doing a disbelieving sneer and a huff to follow. "Didn't I tell you before? Because of my pet pee—"

"But why? Why does it bother you so much, when it isn't happening to you?" it was a silent question. Kiira was motionless, opting to stare at him rather than attempt answering.

"Is it because of..." did he really want to ask her? Should he reveal that he knew? "Because of what?" it was more of a cold demand than a question.