Chapter 9

"So, the plan here, Luciel, is for you to send this to the apartment. Say that when you saw it, it reminded you so much of her that it pained you. You bought it after a lot of deliberating and malingering, and sent it. She doesn't have to wear it, but you just wanted to let her know that you're thinking of her. Something like that, alright?"

"Wait, apartment?" He heard his wispy voice breathe, the iciest hand running down his back. "Yes. Rika's apartment or whatever."

Luciel was physically taken aback. He had to take a step back or he'd fall over. His hands were trembling, and he felt like the world was topsy turvy. He had to do something about it. He had to fix this somehow. "We are going to fix this somehow." Huh?

"We are going to get MC and you together somehow. Well, I am. Card, please?" she asked, holding out her hand.

Luciel couldn't understand her. He couldn't understand why she was doing this. "Why?"

"Because, Luciel, you nearly made a fatal mistake. You could have put those RFA members in danger, if any other woman was in my shoes. And you will likely continue to make the same mistake, unless we find a way to fix it. If you get depressed and turn to the bottle again, I can assure you the next time you bring a woman home, she is going to steal everything from  you, including your Honey Buddha chips and PhD. Pepper. So I need that to not happen."

"Buy why? Why does it matter to you?" he could feel his insides turning. Why did he feel his insides boiling? Why did he feel like he was being  boiled into a soup of confusion, fear and anger?

"Because misunderstandings are my biggest pet peeves. And let me tell you one thing, I am not, and never will be MC. Understand?" She coldly reminded him, like he had once implied that she was even close.. "Ah, you're so slow. I'll pay for it then."

They were heading back, Vanderwood having forced her to ride shotgun instead or driving them home. "Here. Pack them up nice and neat, and send them tomorrow. Remember what I told you." She turned back, handing him the shiny, crème bag. Luciel stared at it for a while, feeling empty and blank. "She chose someone else. I don't have the right to confuse her."

"I don't need to give you a pep talk today, my dear. I have just spent a hefty amount of money on this."

"You didn't need to buy the suit." Vanderwood stated, feeling a little strange. "Yes, I did. Didn't I tell you how amazing you looked? You'll have to wear it sometime. I'm too happy with how it looks. You'll wear it, won't you?"

"Absolutely not."

He felt her staring holes into the side of his face. When he glanced at her, she sat there, defiantly looking at him. Her eyes were screaming, "Wear the suit." Vanderwood defiantly looked out into the road, sticking his nose up with just as much defiance as her.

When they pulled into his garage, Luciel stepped out, feeling like the whole world had turned a dull and muddy grey. How was he supposed to fix this mistake? While Kiira didn't seem dangerous, he couldn't haphazardly assume she meant the best for him or the RFA. He watched her as she repeatedly asked Vanderwood to wear the suit, and as Vanderwood refused each time. He couldn't understand the reason for her wanting to help him so bad. But the answer would be there somewhere. Somewhere in her history.

"Like I said, just send it to her. Take out the price tags, tell her that she really doesn't have to wear it, but express how the dress reminded you of her. It'll let her know that you are still thinking about her. Very romantic." She was in his house, packing the clothes into a box. She handed him a colored set of paper. "Write the note, quickly."

"I don't think it's right." Luciel admitted, his eyes dropping to his sneakers. The tightness in his chest got even stronger, threatening to choke his breathing and his words.

"Why isn't it?"

"It isn't right to confuse her...she chose him." He hated admitting this fact out loud. He had messed up. He had pushed her too far away, and now she was with someone else. "You idiot. She doesn't actually hate you. She's hella mad at you for doing her dirty like that, so she's just showing you that she doesn't need you. Although I doubt that's the actual truth of the matter. I can say for sure, however, that she's gonna regret using another person's heart as her her shield. So we should stop her soon."

Heart? Shield? "What?" Luciel's eyes were suddenly beginning to clear, although a part of him didn't want them to. Kiira was making sure the price tags were gone, folding the clothes carefully. "She's fronting. Believe me. If someone begun to show interest in a weirdo like you, then they really do like you. I don't know the fine details of what even tore you two apart, but trust me on that. She still likes you, and you still like her. So do this."

"But why are you so set on helping me? I don't understand..." This made her go quiet. She stopped her folding, looking at something that he couldn't see. "Because there's nothing I hate more than mistakes. I'll fix as many of them as I can before I die. This is just one of them." It was a low whisper. A resolved whisper.

I honestly don't understand how the heck I haven't updated this in so long. I am so sorry, my dears. I AM SO SORYYYYYYYY!!!

Have some oldish fanart of Akutabe from the severely underrated anime "Yondemasu-yo, Azazel-san

Have some oldish fanart of Akutabe from the severely underrated anime "Yondemasu-yo, Azazel-san." If you haven't watched it, go ahead and give it a look. It's R-rated so be warned.