Chapter Three - Happy

You sigh, waking up. Sitting up, you buzz the buzzer.

"Yes?" said a female voice, her voice slightly distorted.

"Can I have breakfast early?" you ask.

"Oh, of course!" the voice chirps.

The voice cut and you adjusted the blankets. You felt your hair and realized it was pretty messy and tangled.

Sighing again, you take out your phone. Your eyes widen when you see you had 23 unread messages from Todomatsu. All of them repeating 'Are you okay?' over and over.

You decided to text back 'I just woke up! I'm fine!' and shut off your phone.

Yawning, you patiently wait for breakfast. It reminded you a lot when Ichimatsu took care of you. Sure, he was scary, but he truly did love and care for you. Hell, he even trusted you to go grab a cart on your own. You sigh, and snuggle yourself into a pillow.

I miss him.

...

I miss her.

Ichimatsu sat at the table, eating his rice. Everyone was tired and sleepy, while Jyushimatsu was excitedly eating.

And then, Todomatsu screeched.

"T-Totty? What's wrong?" Osomatsu said, a bit taken aback at the sudden outburst.

"(Y/N) texted me!" he squealed, jumping around the room in joy.

"Eh?! Let us see!" the rest yelled.

Everyone huddled at Todomatsu's side, looking at the small phone.

"Let's go visit now! I wanna see (Y/N)!" Jyushimatsu yelled, jumping around, as if he were a rubber ball that had been thrown too hard at the ground.

Everyone quickly finished their breakfast and got dressed. Ichimatsu was particularly fast.

"Let's go!" Osomatsu yelled, taking the lead.

....

You squeeze the applesauce into your mouth, relishing it. Your mouth was curved into a smile as you squeezed the rest out of the small packet. Smiling wider, you buzz the buzzer to call for a someone to throw away the trash.

A nurse soon comes in, looking a bit distraught. "You have visitors." she says, before briskly taking the trash and leaving.

"Th-Thank you!" you call out.

Your eyes widen and your heart flutters when you see Ichimatsu and his brother walk through the door.

"Ichimatsu! Guys!" you say, smiling wide.

"(Y/N)!" They all yell throwing themselves onto you, giving you a long awaited hug.

Except Ichimatsu.

He didn't hug you. He just..stared.

After they pulled away, his brothers stare at him.

"Brother, aren't you going to hug your Ichimatsu Girl?" Karamatsu says, stepping back.

"Huh? Oh.." Ichimatsu murmurs before trudging up to the hospital bed, and giving you a half hearted hug.

"Ichi...matsu?.." you say, as he quickly pulled away.

The hug hadn't even lasted five seconds, and you could tell something was..wrong.

"We'll leave you two alone!" Choromatsu says, pushing the rest outside despite their retorts.

..

"Jeez! What's up with him? You'd atleastt think he'd smile seeing (Y/N) for the first time in what, 6 months?" Osomatsu grumbles, sitting down.

"Do you think the therapy..." Todomatsu whimpers out, worried.

"Nonsense. There was something wrong with him to go as far as kidnapping (Y/N), so that therapy was enough for him. But I kinda agree with Osomatsu-niisan." Choromatsu says, sitting next to his eldest brother. "(Y/N) is his girlfriend, right?"

"Whatever it is, I'm sure his caged up feelings will be set free like a dove on-" Karamatsu says, before being interrupted.

"Let's just leave them alone for now." Osomatsu suggests.

They nod in agreement while Karamatsu silently cries.

..

You and Ichimatsu stare at each other, not saying anything. You decided to break the silence, but immediately regretted it.

"What's wrong?" you say casually, shifting your weight.

"A lot, actually." Ichimatsu said bluntly, sitting in a chair.

"Oh."

Aaand there it is again. The terrible silence you hated so very much.

"Can you, uh, elaborate?" you say, looking up at him a bit.

"Well for starters, we've been apart for six months, and during those six months, I had to endure another pain other than being away from you, which my brothers called 'therapy'. Secondly, the whole plane crash and your comatose state made me... made me really worried." His voice had been blunt and had a straight-to-the-point tone, but had fallen to a quiet, yet audible whisper. His onyx eyes were directed from your searching ones.

"I.. I'm sorry." you mutter, not knowing what to say.

"It's okay. What matters is that you're here now." Ichimatsu looked at you, and added, "Did they tell you about your roommate?"

You nod. "I don't have a place to stay at the moment, so my current plan is to-"

"You could stay with me-I mean us." Ichimatsu says, getting up and walking over.

"R-Really? You'd do that for me?" you say, staring with owlish eyes.

"Mhm. I'd do anything for you." he murmurs, blushing a bit.

You give him a smile, and pull him into a hug. You pet his soft hair and inhaled. His familiar hoodie and his cold-ish attitude. The Matsuno you missed so much. "I love you, Ichimatsu." you murmur, nuzzling his neck.

Ichimatsu reluctantly returns the hug, and nuzzled you back. Pulling away after a moment, he decided to ask you something.

"When will you leave the hospital?"

You think for a moment. "I'm hoping later today or tomorrow. But most likely tomorrow." you say.

"Oh.."

A nurse comes in and tells Ichimatsu it's time to leave. Giving you one last hug, he waves goodbye and leaves the room.

I'm happy.