Chapter 8:The Everlasting Curse of Chucky

So my school’s starts tomorrow…That is a huge bummer for me :(

BUT… I won’t stop updating. On the first day I’ll try to set up a suitable timetable for my updates and we’ll go according to that. Anyway, The show must go on!

So without further ado: Chapter 8…

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

“Who else blames Marcy for putting us in this mess in the first place?” Lil asked no-one in particular as we entered the supermarket.

“I do” Nick and Phil answered at the same time.

“I said I was sorry, what more do you want me to do?” I asked exasperated.

“Nothing, I’m just going to make you feel as guilty as I possibly can. For the heck of it” She added cheekily grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I rolled my eyes. After school got off, Lil had to stay back for detention. We waited for her and at the same time successfully managed to avoid Jude and his groupies. Until today I didn’t know how weird the kids at our school were; after we got off, 3 guys had tried to get my autograph. They were scared off by Phil and Nick, who I discovered could look very intimidating when he wanted to. As soon as she ran out of the building, Lil promptly jumped on my back and announced that Betty wanted us to get the groceries today.

“You’re crazy” I muttered.

“Finally! Someone agrees with me” Phil exclaimed, raising his arms in the air. “Thank the lord!”

“Don’t you all think we should get to grocery shopping?” Nick spoke up.

“Oh yeah” Lil took out her phone from her pants pocket “Mom put some cash in my bag, so we can each divide it and can shop in pairs. I’ll message the list to you guys now.”

 Phil’s and my own phone beeped “Okay so, Lil you’re coming with me, Nick you can go with Marcy” Phil announced grabbing Lil by the arm.

“Perfect. We spent nine months in the womb together, and you still want closure. God!” Lil groaned as she went along with Phil.

Without waiting to hear Phil’s reply I grabbed Nick’s arm. At that moment my hand tingled with warmth, I ignored it and dragged him to aisle 4.

“Okay so first we need to get a shopping cart. So you just stay here with my phone while I go get it. I mean it. Stay” I added walking towards the row of carts.

“You do realize that I am not completely clueless, right?” Nick told me with a scowl.

Without answering, I walked over to get the cart. I was just so tired. I think shopping makes me sleepy…

“The first thing we need to get is 2 cartons of eggs” Nick said looking at the screen as I came closer.

“Yeah that’s over there” I said pointed to the shelf “You can read off the list and I’ll navigate.” With that I pushed the cart forward and Nick trailed behind.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

“We’re done!” I exclaimed as Nick, put in the last item on our list in the cart.

“Did I do well?” Nick asked eagerly. After I had gone through half the grocery list, I let Nick take over the navigation of the shopping cart. Surprisingly he wasn’t clumsy or careless; he rolled the cart almost effortlessly from aisle to aisle. I felt proud of him myself.