Chapter 1: Outsider

Vote and comment if you like it

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

“Marcy..Come on….Marcy get up… Goddamn it Marcy get up!” The scream in my ear woke me up. Startled I looked up at Lil, my best friend.

“Is there a reason that you screamed in my ear and almost gave my heart attack” I drawled, my voice giving evidence that I was sleeping.

“Yeah Phil and I were leaving, Mom called. I thought I’d give you a heads up” She looked at me concerned. Clearly she wanted me to go home too.

Phil, Lil and I lived in the small town of Southfalls. We’d known each other since we were in diapers. They were like siblings to me especially after the incident..

Let me give you a rundown of everything; at the age of 12 I lost my Dad. He and fifteen other people were held hostage in a bank robbery and the convicts decided to shoot him in both his legs for kicks when he tried to convince them to spare their lives. He bled to death that night. I watched the person I loved most in the world die on a marble floor red from his own blood.

The criminals were caught eventually and were sent to prison. In my opinion the bastards deserved to die.

My mother completely closed off from the world. For a few weeks she stayed inside her room, occasionally coming out to get something to eat. Phil and Lil’s mom, my godmother Aunt Betty stayed with me with the twins. She became the person I looked to for motherly support. Now my mother has become a workaholic, she scored a fancy job in Europe with the help of her friends and moved there.

To tell the truth I did not mind the slightest the Maddox’s were the only family I needed. Aunt Betty had decided to name the twins after the twins Phil and Lil in The Rugrats .When I got the joke I laughed my ass off.

Anyway these guys were enough for me to stay content with life. I still lived in my own house. At the age of 16 I moved out from Aunt Betty’s and moved back not wanting to be a burden, but I knew I was still welcome there.”

Lil come on we have to go!Phil’s voice broke my out of my reverie. I sent Lil a sheepish look.

“I’m gonna stay a little longer you two go ahead. I promise I‘ll text you when I get home” I added when she glared at me.

“Okay but leave soon or else mom’s going to come and drag you out of here” I shivered in horror as I thought how angry Betty would be with me.

“Scouts honor. Bye!” I called to her when she started to leave.

“See ya!” she called back as she entered the car.

“Bye Phil!” in answer I got two horns from the pickup truck. Soon the sounds of the car faded away.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

I was presently in a cornfield 50 miles outside of town. The twins and I came here for star gazing at least once a week. Lil was scared shitless the first time, convinced that a zombie scarecrow would attack us. But here..I felt safe.

I started to think about how my dad brought me here for stargazing too, and told me to make a wish under the stars.

Now, I closed my eyes and wished that life would get better.

Suddenly a bright light flashing over my closed lids made me open them abruptly.

At first I thought it was a shooting star in the distance but as it started to get closer to where I was sitting. I scrambled up and ran as fast as I could. The BOOM that indicated the impact made me stumble and I fell on my stomach. In an instant I curled myself into a ball, just waiting for the meteor to crush me.