90

Lara POV
"Lara, how do you fancy a night out tonight?" My friend Emma looked up from her phone at me at me as we sat in the modelling studio, flicking through some photos.

"Um yeah sure why not? We haven't been out in ages and it is Friday after all." I agreed.

"Sweet, I was going to go see a band at Aura downtown but my friend has just called to say he's on baby sitting duties. Fancy joining me?"

"Yeah no problem, what's the band?" I asked excitedly, nothing could beat live music.

"They're called the Script, from Ireland I think."

"Cool," I nodded trying to remain calm, Danny was the lead singer, I wasn't going to let that spoil it though, "I think I've heard of them."

"Probably, that new song Breakeven is an absolute killer!" She emphasised the last words with hand gestures, "plus the lead singer is pretty fit."

I just about choke on my coffee, causing me to cough and splutter. When I had regained composure Emma seemed to have forgotten what she said and started flicking through the laptop again.

"Lara! This one is amazing!" she exclaimed showing me a photo of me looking at the camera but with my head tipped slightly forward laughing, my sweepy fringe flopping forward and my corners crinkling at the corners. The camera angle caused the light to illuminate the tips of my cheekbones making them a lot more prominent on my face.

I nodded with what I thought was an enthusiastic smile, but butterflies filled my stomach making me feel sick.

When I got home Emma texted me saying that she wold pick me up at 7.30.

I stood in the shower washing my hair contemplating my next move, should I ring her and say I wasn't well, or come clean about me and Dan or just forget about it, go and have a good time?

After not much thought I decided I couldn't let Emma down, not after how excited she'd been when I'd said yes. I just needed to make sure I had on my best poker face, the mistress of desguise.

I stepped out the shower and wrapped my huge fluffy towel around my body and a smaller ne round my wet hair. I trudged through to the bedroom leaving a trail of wet footprints behind me on the carpet. In my room I lit 2 scented candles which instantly made me feel more relaxed. I then found my black jeans with rips in the knees and a shimmery gold off the shoulder crop top. I looked in the mirror wondering if I had too much flesh on show, with just my belly button showing. I shook my head, I didn't care what Danny thought, he probably wouldn't see me anyway, it had been years and I shouldn't let him control how I thought or dressed.

I smiled, growing to love how I looked, being a model I was so often told what to wear, I never really got to do what I wanted. I dried my hair quickly and left it loose, it was still long but not as long anymore, it rested on my shoulders and tumbled down my back. Then I did my make up, simple and minimal but I was happy with how it looked. After that I crouched down on my floor and pulled a box out from under my bed, slowly I opened it and smiled as I pulled a pair of heeled boots out of it. Slipping my feet into them I felt wonderful, cliché but I felt like a princess.

There was a knock on my door so I blew out the candles, grabbed my handbag and coat before dashing down the stairs as quick as I could in heels. I opened the door to find Emma stood there in a beautiful black and silver dress, hugging her ample sized curves.

"Emma, you look amazing!" I gasped looking down at my outfit, feeling suddenly very underdressed.

"So do you!" She smiled pulling me out the house to a waiting taxi.

A/N
So it wasn't actually Amber's idea to go to the gig, is she finally able to let Danny get on with his life with Amber?
Love M x