27

Danny POV
"Daniel? Really? Could you find one any bigger?" Mum stood in the doorway hands on hips, trying not to smile as my and my brothers untied the 6'6" tree from the roof of Ian's old Land Rover.

"No actually, this is the tallest one we could find," I grinned smugly.

"Well... ok then, if you damage my walls then you're repainting them son," she shouted turning back into the house.

*1 hour later*
"Come on, it will go!" I shouted excitedly as we slowly propped the tree upright, its top branch skimming the ceiling.

"Ah crap! I'll just chop a bit off," said Dara with an air of cockiness climbing up on a chair, fold saw in his hand.

"A bit more, mmm, na a bit more," I instructed as to where I thought Dara should cut the tree.

" Yeah dude!" Dara highfived me as he stepped off his chair to admire his handiwork.

*7 pm*

"Jumpers, jumpers!" Daisy jumped up and down giddy with excitement.

"Ok then baby, would you like to go and get the bag from our room?" I asked, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

She ran upstairs as fast as she could on all fours. Its amazing what happens to 3 year olds when you give them sugar. We handed out bright green, red and white Christmas jumpers to every one, it looked so cool, like something out of a Christmas film. Mum brought through hats, santa hats , elf hats and reindeer antlers for us to wear. We made sure that it was very special every year, especially since my dad passed away, it's almost compensating for the emptiness we feel now he's not around.

"Ready?" I asked grinning, my hand hovering over the play button on the ipod. Boom! I pressed play and Shaking Stevens voice filled the room.

Snow is falling
All around me
Children playing
Having fun

We wrapped fairy lights around the tree and switched them on, it looked magical. Dimming the lights of the front room, my sister Vicky light all the candles and switched on a small table lamp, it filled the room with a beautiful orange glow and a festive spicy smell.

The song on the ipod changed.

It was Christmas eve babe
In the drunk tank
An old man said to me
Won't see another one
And then he sang a song
The rare old mountain dew
I turned my face away
And dreamed about you

The wine we had drank at dinner was starting to kick in abit now, we weren't drunk as such, just giddy and maybe a little tipsy.

As we hung the last bauble on the tree I bent down and Daisy climbed onto my shoulders, the star in her hand. Standing on my tiptoes I leaned forward and my little girl plonked the star on the top of the tree.

Then the chorus of the song kicked in.

The boys of the NYPD choir
We're singing
Galway Bay
And the bells were ringing out
For Christmas day.

We sang as loud as we could as we danced around the living room like 8 year olds at a school Christmas disco. Daisy whooped and yelled as I spun round, she was still sat on my shoulders.

Once we had all calmed down abit, we flopped on the sofa and mum inserted a Christmas dvd into the machine. It was Elf!

As we got it playing mum went and collected some snacks, carrying through a tray of crisps and mince pies.

I honestly don't think I could have been happier, even Marty wasn't on my mind.

A/N
Thanks for the lovely comments on the last chapter, I really wasn't sure to post it or not but my readers are so supportive, you know who you are. I'm going to do Christmas Day from Danny's POV but should I do Lara's too? Let me know!
Love M x