96

Danny POV
I made my way to the shower, jet lag smothering me like a blanket. I let the water run hot until I got in. Instantly my aching body relaxed, the tension I'd been holding in my back from the many nights of uncomfortable beds released. I closed my eyes and tipped my head back, scrubbing my face free of any dirt and then washed my hair. When I climbed out I felt immediately better but still just wanted to climb back under my covers and sleep for a week.

I'd just finished getting dressed into joggers and a tshirt when I heard the door of the car shut. I ran downstairs as they bundled into the hall, a draft of cold air coming in with them.

"Dad!" Daisy shouted when she saw me.

"Daisy!" I got to the bottom of the stairs just in time to catch Daisy as she jumped into my arms. "How you doing poppet?"

"Good!" She nestled her head into my neck. "I've missed you!"

"Missed you too!" I put her down so she could go and get out of her uniform.

I grinned at Amber when Daisy went upstairs, I had been really worried about coming back home and seeing Amber after that time she had rang me. I knew we needed to talk about it but right now I didn't want to ruin the night.

Suddenly Amber ran forwards at me and wrapped her arms around my back. I rested my head on top of hers and breathed in her scent of fruity shampoo.

"I've missed you so much baby!" She whispered.

"I've missed you too!" I laughed closing my eyes.

I grinned as I sat down at the table with Daisy and Amber, we hadn't been together for 5 weeks. In 2 days time we would be flying out to Dublin to see our family, Daisy broke up for Christmas tomorrow so we would be making the most if the 2 weeks off.

Later that night I pulled the duvet up to my chin as Amber chatted away to me. I felt my eyes grow heavy until she poked me in the ribs.

"Ouch...what was that for?" I yelped.

"You weren't listening!" She giggled.

"Oh sorry, I didn't realise, I was too busy being asleep!" I grumbled.

I was aware I was being abit of a dickhead but I didn't care, Danny add lack of sleep can only end in arguments. Consequently I turned over so I was facing away from her and flicked off my bedside light, which was the only one on in the room. We were both plunged into darkness.

"Danny?" She questioned.

"Amber! I'm going to sleep!" I groaned.

"I just wanted a catch up babe, I've missed you!" I heard the upset in her voice and felt terrible but I just wanted to sleep for a week.

"Sorry, I didn't realise It'll be half 5 in the morning in America and I haven't slept yet!" I retorted sarcastically.

"Babe I'm sorry." I felt her slide down the bed and rest her head on my back.

"Amber just go to sleep!" I mumbled shrugging her off my shoulder.

I felt her move away sighing heavily. I wanted to wrap my arms around her and kiss every inch of her body but I was soon in a sleep so deep I was dead to the world.

A/N
Is their relationship not so perfect after all? Who knows?! Hope you enjoyed it. Also New Years Eve tomorrow!! Whaaaaatttt! Where has this year gone?
Love M x