Heart beat

I went to sit up but realized I couldn't move. I lifted my head up and looked at the person I was laying on. "Jake..." I said softly, shaking him. "Jakeeee." I started to whine. I sat up after untangling myself from his arms. "No, come back." He grumbled.  "Jake, get up you fucking dork." I said. He opened his eyes and he smiled at me."Well, at least your hair still looks the same after you wake up." He stated. I playfully slapped his chest, "Shut up." He laughed and wrapped his arms around me. I heard a gasp. It was Lia. "Um. Em can I have breakfast?" She asked quietly. I went to get up but ended up falling on my ass again. Lia started to giggle and Jake was smiling down at me. I stood up and cleared my throat, "Lia, what do you want to eat?" She thought for a moment, leaning against the couch. "Eggs?" She answered hesitantly. Jake perks up. "Eggs? Can I help make eggs?" I laugh at his childish pout when I don't answer right away.  "Sure. Come on Lia, go get dressed. Breakfast won't be much longer." She looked over at Jake who was standing by the kitchen entrance. "Okay." Was all she said. I watched her go to the room before turning to Jake. "You're an ass." I mumbled when I walked passed him. "At least I didn't fall on mine." He laughed. I sighed angrily. "Awh, come on Emily, I'm sorry." He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I tensed up. I guess he noticed and let me go. "Well, can you grab me the eggs please?" I asked Jake. He nodded and swung open the fridge door, grabbing the carton of eggs. He placed the eggs besides the stove. I got on my toes to grab the bowl from the cabinet as well as grabbing a few plates.
   I started to cook the eggs. Lia came running in the kitchen. "I need my mommy." I looked at Jake. "I'll finish the eggs. I got it." He grabbed the pan and the spatula from me. I sighed, "Thank you." Jake smiled at me in response. "Come on Lia, we can go see her." She grabbed my hand as we started to walk out of my apartment. Whenever we were out of the door she turned to me, "You were listening to his heartbeat, weren't you." Lia stated. I looked at her and she continued, "The guy in there. You fell asleep listening to his heartbeat." I started to speak, "Yeah, I did." She started to walk towards her apartment. She sure was something else, but she reminded me of ME half the time. I heard her knock on the door. "Mommy?" She called through the door. She door opened and her mom was standing right there. Lia jumped into her awaiting arms. Her mother started to cry. "Lia, Lia, it's okay. I'm here." Her mother said. "Mommy, I have a question." Lia said sniffling.  "What's that sweetie?" Her mom responsed. Lia started to play with her ha d and look at her feet. "Can I start staying with Emily if it's okay with you?" She asked quietly. I looked at her in shock and her mother just smiled. "Only if Emily says it's okay." Lia turned toward me and asked, "Can I? Please?" I smiled down at her after my shock and answered, "Yes, of course Lia." She jump on me and I picked her up, hugging her.