chapter 1 :the summer after last

"liv!"

a voice shouts interrupting my deep slumber.

"liv!"

"ok ok I'm up" I say sliding out of bed. My twin brother Luke is standing outside my door with a smile on his face.

"what"

I say grumpily ,lets just say I'm not exactly what you would call a morning person.

"did anyone tell you you look like a troll in the morning" he says smirking

I glare and throw my pillow at him. He dodges it easily though.

"breakfast is downstairs, were thinking of heading off in about half an hour"

I nod and start to search for some clothes to pull on.

"and liv" he says as I turn my back to him.

"what!"

"Blake is coming with us in our car"

Blake has been our next door neighbor since we moved here when I was 12. Almost immediately him and my brother became friends, and he's sort of become a bit of another brother to me too. Ever since that summer his family have come down to our batch with us every year. I really don't understand Luke and Blake why their such good friends when they are practical opposites.

Luke is sort of our school bad boy.

He is a standard C student and practically goes to a party every weekend. Not to mention the fact he has gone out with half the girls in our school. I guess he is pretty good looking with his stylish brown hair and blue eyes ( unlike my blondish hair we are twins but are not identical) but sometimes I don't see why he is so popular.

Then we move on to Blake.

He practically gets A in every test he does, and when He's not being dragged along to a party by my brother he's normally reading or hanging out with his girlfriend Alisha (who me and Luke pretend to like) . He's sort of popular but only because he's best friends with Luke. He looks pretty hot though with his blonde hair and being the schools football team captain does boost his game. Lots of the girls want him. But if Luke weren't friends with him he'd probably call him boring.

I groan and turn around being in a car with Luke and Blake for 3 hours doesn't sound good

I sigh when I realize Luke's run downstair probably trying to avoid my whining I pull some clothes on before trudging downstairs for breakfast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after breakfast I run upstairs to grab my bag and load it into the car.

When I come back down I see Blake and Luke standing in the kitchen.

Luke looks super pissed. Blake looks sort of sad which is a surprise because I almost never see him without his cheesy smile.

"she did what!!!" says Luke loudly

"you heard me correctly do I have to repeat it?" says Blake clearly not keen to talk about whatever topic they were discussing.

Luke opens his mouth to say something when he sees me watching them awkwardly from the doorway.

"liv! Your a girl can we have your opinion"

he says grabbing my arm and pulling me into their conversation.

"uh ok what's up?"

"well Alisha just dumped Blake"

"what! When how?!"

"like just then" Blake says quietly

"I didn't see her come in"

"that's the thing she did it over text" says Luke and I can see he's not happy about it.

"that's really rude if she wanted to break up with you Blake she should have talked to you in person or at least called you!"

Luke nods

"told you she was not good for you" he says pulling Blake outside.

Just for a second I let myself do a happy dance.

Now seems like a good time to admit something.

I sorta like Blake.

Not like a lot and not all the time, just sometimes like a couple of days ago. I was stressing about my french test on the last day of school and he went through my notes with me at lunch. Like that's pretty cute.

Or when his girlfriend breaks up with him. Aka now.

I know I shouldn't because he's like my unannounced brother and blah blah he's my brothers best friend blah blah blah etc etc

But I still do.

Plus Blake was the only person I could get some information from about last summer.

All he said was that I had my first kiss that summer.

I had heard things from my brother too. Like how there was a accident.

I don't know what he means by accident though. Car? Someone getting hurt? Someone spilling their glass of water?

It could mean so many things.

I bothered Blake for months after he told me about the kiss but I never got it out of him. Luke had already gotten pissed at him for telling me that so I never expected any other details.

The other things I remember are useless.

Snippets of memories from a party I think.

The beach, useless stuff like walking down the stairs and buying milk at the shop

Memories of someone shouting but I can't place their voice.

Then I remember lying on the ground.

Then nothing.

When I woke up I was back home in my bed.

Mum said we had to come back for her work but I knew she was lying.

"liv I'm driving ok"

Luke says pulling me out of thought.

"shotgun!"

I shout.

Watch out summer here I come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

authors note:

hey guys i hope you liked my first chapter!

i will be updating soon 

see ya next chapter!