Part 56

Marina's breathing had yet to regulate. That was not quite what she had expected. As a medic she knew all the anatomical, medical, factual elements that were associated with having sex. As a woman she'd read enough books and magazines to know that being with the right person apparently made all the difference to having sex. Being smart and able to combine what she knew from her medical professional and what she knew from her general life, she thought she knew what an orgasm would be. But she was wrong.

Now as she lay sprawled on his bed, practically boneless, and with her mind scrambling to put thought function together, now she was going to have to remember to redefine her understanding of the concept.

In those seconds just before her body had literally sent detonation signals to each and ever cell in her body, in those seconds she had felt as if there was something just out of her reach. Strung tight, and yet at the same time putty in the hands of a master sculptor.

"That's got to be your best kept secret!" The voice at her ear sounded proud and pleased.

Marina's eyes blinked open and she giggled. "You're telling me!" She attempted to roll onto her side so that she could look at him, but she simply could not muster any energy! "Have any more secrets you want to share?" Rafe murmured. So, while his logical head told him that what had just happened was simply a matter of biology. His heart was still thundering in his ears telling him that biology did not explain it all. The fact he had enough energy to talk was a miracle in itself.

"Maybe." Marina murmured. She turned her head, and found him watching her. "That was pretty amazing right?"

His lips curved, "Too tame a description." His eyes roved over each and every feature of her beautiful face, "You ok?" Wisps of her hair were plastered to her face. Her cheeks were flushed. Her pupils were still dilated.

Marina nodded. She just needed a moment more to recover. "You?" Finding the energy she needed, she lifted her head and used her arm as a pillow, resting her head on the crook of her arm.

Rafe nodded. "What you expected?" He asked, as he mirrored her body position, by lifting his head to rest it on his folded bare arm. He tugged the quilt up, affording them some warmth as their naked bodies cooled.

Marina thought about his question for a second, "To be honest, I know the biology, but no, it wasn't anything like I expected." It was like walking in starlight, with a volcano for company, and a chocolate feast to gorge on!

"Oh?" He nestled closer, watching the emotions that raced through her eyes.

"I have cells in my body that are still trying to find their original position, let alone determine what their role is!" She smiled as she settled closer to him. "And I have nerves that are so short-circuited, I doubt any signals are being processed efficiently." Her eyes danced as she admited with a candour that only she had as far as he was concerned, "And who knew I could shriek like that!"

Rafe grinned in delight. "We will have to invest in a sound proof room!" He teased.

"Invest?" That had to mean longterm was being proposed her. No point investing in something short term.

He nodded. "If we keep using this room we might have the neighbours putting in a complaint!" The fact his nearest neighbours were a good hundred metres down the road, had her smiling without taking umbrage.

"Charming." She tapped his shoulder with her flat palm, "You need to take responsibility too! You were responsible for my state." Unconditional, unexpected, uninhibited state that saw her not only shrieking but making demands she had never ever considered.

"Oh, I am. I am taking full responsibility, for each and every sound you made!" He smiled, and used his free hand to trap her palm to his chest. She felt his heart beat, fierce and solid against his rib cage. "But you have to take responsibility too."

She nodded and smiled with what he could only describe as a voracious gleam. "I know." She purred, and felt his heart beat accelerate.

"Not for you. For what you did to me!" He whispered and pressed her palm closer to his skin, "For nearly causing me to have a heart attack!"

"A slight exaggeration." She grinned before adopting her professional bedside manner and voice to say, "Your heart is just fine. Good steady beat."

"My heart is yours to command." He whispered and that had her eyes widening in surprise. His eyes tracked the emotions that flew through her eyes and he waited. When she continued to look bemused, he said, "Nothing to say Dr D'Sa? Not like you!"

Marina's lips twitched. "Never took you for a romantic!"

"Never was, until I fell for you." He replied.

Their eyes met and held. She felt his heart race. Her gaze flicked to his bare chest, as if she was expecting to see his heart beat out of his chest, then her gaze returned to meet his. "Do you mean that?" She asked breathlessly.