Chapter Two

Not of the story but I wanted to point out that I dyed my hair! Starting Fresh! 💜

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Flynn was pacing around the place while Eve tried to calm him down. I sat on the stairs with Ezekiel. Cassandra sat at the table and Jacob was also pacing, but only because Flynn was. Jenkins was somewhere nobody knew what he was up to nowadays.

"Okay miniature librarians!" Flynn finally announces. "If we play our cards right we'll get the drop on the bad guys. Now come on."

We all follow him to a study room and all take a seat in front of a whiteboard that Jenkins had been working on. We all listen to Flynn but I interrupt a little.

"Prospero the magician, in theory, would be very dangerous. But in the text of "The Tempest" Prospero gives up his magic, he drowns his book, and he breaks his staff." I recite and mutter an apology to Flynn. This was like the one time my skills were needed. I've been reading more on literature in general. Figuring out what is real and what is not.

Everyone is given a part to play but I was still empty handed.

"Flynn what should I do?" I ask him following him out.

"Go to the main library learn everything there is on Prospero. Look for loopholes in his stories. Then when that's done do Moriarty in Sherlock's story." He explains.

"Sherlock? As in Sherlock Holmes?" I ask bewildered. He nods and I do a little squeal before making my way to the main library.

I pass by Excalibur and finds the section of what I used to know was fiction. Taking books off the shelves I lay them down on the ground. Taking a seat in the midst of it all I start my night of studying.

*~*

As I'm reading every word of The Tempest a sudden alarm starts blaring throughout the the library. Getting up slowly I take my shoes off so I can be more quiet. Walking to the main hallway I stay behind the bookshelf and peer around to see Prospero and Moriarty holding Jenkins hostage.

"You want me to lead you to the heart of the library?" Jenkins exclaims. "You are clearly out of your mind!" Prospero and Moriarty both say something but I couldn't hear.

"You don't understand, I am literally not capable of not doing that right now." Jenkins says frustrated.

They leave him shouting facts and I run back to where my books were. Quickly but quietly i shelf the books and grab my shoes running to hide behind a shelf. I hear their footsteps walk away and I hold my breath as they pass. When I could no longer hear their footsteps, I walk out but quickly back behind the shelf when I hear the main door open.

"Jenkins!" I hear Eve's voice say.

"Delany!" I hear Ezekiel shout and I run out.

"Ezekiel," I whisper as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"You're not hurt are you?" He asks.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. He didn't see me." I whisper squeeze him harder, before letting go.

Eve hits the ice block of Jenkins and it shatters freeing him. Jenkins then explain what happened and walks off with Flynn and Eve to talk about this tactical error.

They all come back, Eve and Jacob go to the reading room, Ezekiel and Flynn and I go to the antiquities room, while Cassandra and Jenkins all head to the Annex.

Ezekiel walks into the room first and starts to say something but Flynn quickly covers his mouth holding him back. The room was in chaos, spears too close together, helmets almost touching, Zeus's lightning bolt going haywire.