Chapter Seven

I was sitting at the table just reading some spells when the back door opens and Ezekiel slides through on his skateboard. Him and Jenkins start talking about how image is everything then Eve, Jacob, and Cassandra walk in talking about a mysterious magical accident that happened that night.

"Are you okay?!" Eve shouts startling me. "Something we should check out?"

"Talking to the library again?" I ask her.

"Now that I've met the building face-to-face, not that weird." She responds.

"Okay, I think I found another one. It's a delivery boy from a diner right nearby today's accident. Curt Cooper, an honor student. His mother swears he never did drugs, and yet, he suffered the effects of an overdose." Cassandra explains.

"Everybody says they're clean. That's human nature, not magic." Ezekiel says riding his skateboard past.

"What does that mean?" I say and throw my pencil at him. "Do I need to drug test you?"

He just laughs and shakes his head then throws me my pencil back.

"All right, Clipping Book's not helping us out, we do this old school. Stone, you're with me on detective work. We talk to this kid's mother. Cassandra, see if you can dig up a pattern, use Ezekiel to comb through the data." Eve points to Ezekiel. " Ezekiel be a comb." She then turns to me. "Delany go back to the scene of the crime and figure out your surroundings.

She and Stone leave, then I after them and make my way to this club that the girl was hit by a car, but wasn't.

*~*

After an hour of just walking around and asking a few questions, I decide to head back to the library with almost nothing. Except that strange occurrences are natural around here. Weird overdoses, alcohol poisoning, people ending up with injuries not knowing how they appeared.

I took a seat on the table and studied the board Jenkins had put together for all of us. Cassandra walks in saying there have been seven other mysterious cases. All around the club itself.

"So it's the club itself?" Jacob points.

"Or at least it's something inside the club that's causing these accidents." I add on.

"Cursed building?" Eve asks.

"That is why the Library sent you people letters." Jenkins says then looks at Eve knowingly. She immediately starts to say no telling us there was no way we're going clubbing.

"We're going clubbing." I smile.

"We are not going clubbing," Eve states.

*~*

I was able to help the girls with their outfits for the night. Eve was looking hot in a leather jumpsuit and heels with her hair up. Cassandra still had her teacher look, but this time a leather pencil skirt and her hair was teased to the max.

Me on the other hand. I had straightened my hair and had a fierce smiley eye. I had on black shorts with gold embroidery on the sides with a black and gold studded strapless leather top. Pairing it with a white blazer and black and gold heels.

We all walk down the sidewalk looking as fierce as ever then all of a sudden Cassandra trips over her own foot and goes down with Jacob. I just look down a t the two and sigh.

We make our way inside and to the front of the group. You could only be chosen to get in and so far none of us were.

A hand wraps around my hip and I look over to see Ezekiel.

"You look amazing tonight," he whispers and goes to kiss my cheek, but I pull back.

"You are not ruining my makeup, not today." I say and we both giggle. I decide to give him a kiss on the cheek then I hear someone announced.