Chapter 20

It was a wolf.

XAINES POV

"Come on bro! Stay and play tea party with me!" Marla whined stomping her foot. I chuckled deeply. "No can do. I gotta go get groceries for mama."

She huffed and stomped up the stairs. Before she left the top, she looked back at me and smirked. "This is not over." She said in a deep voice.

I laugh as she goes to her room. Little sisters, am I right?

I walk to the kitchen, only to find it empty with a note on the counter.

It read:
          Hey. Went to get a cake for Marls.(nickname for Marla) Shhhh! Don't tell her. Be back in an hour.
                       Love mama❤️

I smiled and put the paper in my pocket. Mama always loved getting- no let me rephrase that. She loves to SPOIL us.

No joke.

For my first birthday, she got me a 5 foot birthday cake. We ate that thing for 3 days. Or more.

I laughed. I love mom.

Danget! The groceries!

"Marla! I'm going the store! Be back in 35 minutes!" I yelled.

"Not gonna miss ya!" She replied.

I rolled my eyes and ran to my black Ferrara.

Jumped in, started the car, and drove off.

~*~

Why can't I remember what chips to get?! Ugh!

I breathed out an angry sigh.

I scanned all the chips that were on the shelf.

Doritos, classic lays, Cheetos, sun chips-

"Do you need help sir?" I looked behind me and saw a teenage girl.

I sniffed. Human.

"Yes, I can't pick between what chips I want. Which one would you get?" I asked.

She came over to look at the chips and smiled. "I love classic lays." She answered.

I nodded and grabbed a family sized bag. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." And with that she walked off. Wow. I'm surprised that she didn't come at me.

After getting all the things mama needed, I walked out of the store with my arms full of groceries.

I was about to run when the most amazing scent hit my nose.

'Mate' my wolf growled. I hummed in agreement.

I frantically turned and tried looking for my mate when my eyes landed on the resource of the scent.

There standing far away, was the most gorgeous human being. She had brunette hair with blonde-ish streaks, and dazzling brown eyes.

'Go to mate!' My wolf screamed.

'I can't just walk up to her and take her home!' I replied.

I could hear him pacing.

'Then follow her!'

I nodded a little and looked back at my mate. She was looking at me.

My wolf howled in joy.

'Mate is looking at us!'

I went to smile at her, but she was already in her car driving away. My wolf whimpered.

'Don't worry. I'm gonna follow her.'

That calmed me wolf down a bit.

I quickly put the groceries in the back of my car and got in.

'Hurry up you dumbass!' My wolf screamed.

I rolled my eyes and stepped on the gas, following my mate.

As I followed her car, I got a very bad feeling.

'Mate is in danger!'

All of a sudden my mates car is hit and starts rolling into a ditch.

I growled.

I got out of my car and saw a girl walking towards the driver side laughing.

I started shaking and shifted running at the girl.

No one hurts my MATE!

I pounced on her, thirsty for blood.

She looked at me and I saw fear in her eyes.

I smirked. Too late bitch.

And with that, I started ripping her throat out, not liking the taste one bit.

When I was done and controlled, I stepped off of the dead body and looked back at my mate. She had blood all over her face and her eyes. They were filled with fear.

I whimpered.

Then she turns her head and closes her eyes.

'Save her!' My wolf yelled

I shifted back and ran over to her. I un-strapped her seatbelt and pulled her out of the car.

I will save you.

Then I ran in the forest.

~*~

So?

I know you probably hate me for turning this into a wolf story. I'm sorry, but I legitimately love WEREWOLVES!

So if you have any hateful comments, keep them to yourselves.

Until we read again....
❤️💙💚📚🤓😢