.1.

"Help me to decide // Help me make the most // Of freedom and of pleasure // Nothing ever lasts forever." - Lorde 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World'
The Picture Is Of Ravana

Birds chirped from all directions. It sounded like there were at least thirty in the trees above us scavengers, but I knew better. The sun was high in the sky, showing it was early noon, just like he planned. Wind touched our faces, greeting us like we were old friends. It greeted me as if it were warning me. It was ominous the way it gently moved my hair into new places and made everything quiet. There were guards walking around the woods looking around for anything suspicious. They were equipped with knives, no guns. If only they knew, I whispered in my mind as I focused my attention to the group I was with. Aaron was next to me, Enid to the other side. Rick was a few people down, he eyed me intensely, following with a slight nod. 

He's never been too fond of me. I knew he viewed me as some girl he couldn't get rid of. Some little thing he couldn't squash into submission. Some ... ex-not-lover he couldn't shake. For a second I could've sworn I saw a regretful sadness flash through his eyes, but as soon as it came, it left. I blinked softly and looked away to Aaron who was gripping his knife in one hand, his handgun in the other. His look was sincere towards me, caring. Warm. I returned the favour as I gripped my knives and readied myself for this scavenge.

"We have to be careful," Rick whispered to the few scavengers as we spied on a small camp from bushes about a couple yards out. His voice was raspy just like it had always been ever since I had met him just three years ago. Well, I'm assuming three years. He and his group were at a prison when I met them right before winter three winters ago, and we were due for another one soon; too soon. Maybe that's why we were scavenging; to keep stock for the winter when no one can venture out. Not like that would stop anyone, though. I know people sneak out all the time, take the teenage girl who was kneeling right beside me for example; Enid. 

Beautiful young girl, long brown hair, chocolate brown eyes. Slim figure, tough attitude, skilled in sneaking and killing. She's talented in creating get-away distractions, even escaping. Hell, she even has the leader's son, Carl, in her hands. Enid practically runs Carl, he doesn't want to admit it, but I see it in his face when he looks at her. Couldn't blame him, though, really. If I were a teenage boy and I lived with Rick, I would want to have Enid too. 

Rick moved forward, still out of sight. "On my mark, we move." He checked over the bush but I knew what he was doing, he was looking for a good ambush point. "Remember, don't go in guns blazing. Stealth wins this race." I could feel his eyes on me, glaring into me. 

Guns blazing or not, I'm killing today.

Right then, there was a rustle to our left, the throaty growl of a walker approaching faster. "Chomper at your three, Kai," a man hollered. I glanced at the walker when it came into view. Its clothes were ragged, torn from being out in this wilderness for too long. The skin was rotting, and you could smell it for miles. Hell, maybe that's all this world smells of now. An arrow sliced through the head, causing the walker to fall dead. "Thanks, Gilinsky." I noticed there was a man in the trees, it stumped me on how he didn't see us. 

"Aaron, there's one in the tree," I whispered, hoping he would tell Rick. You see, Rick trusted Aaron, and that didn't take any time. I never gave him shit for it though, Aaron was a good friend. I owed him for it. 

I pointed to the man, and Aaron noticed it. I could get him with my bow, I snarked to myself. My bow was on my back, safely. "Rick, they have one in a tree." Aaron pointed to him, Rick seeing him, only for a brief second. 

It only took me that split second to have my bow loaded, and the man arrowed to the tree by his head. Rick eyes me intensely, and I knew what it meant. I shrugged it off as I crawled back from the bushes to a tree and stood. "Ravana, don't! You'll get us killed!" I smirked, knowing I could kill them all before they knew what hit them. 

"Boy, I hope Negan likes what we have. I'm tired of serving that motherfucker." One of the guards walked up to the other, giving me a hard angle to shoot at. The two guards began conversating about this Negan thing. I scouted the area for anyone else to shoot and I saw one man all alone, he had a gun. I took him out with one shot of an arrow. He fell silently, making no noise as he was shot. 

"Ravana," Rick snapped quietly. "Get off your high horse and get back to the truck. Wait for us there." I continued to ignore Rick as I took out countless numbers of this group. Men and women fell silently, leaving their belongings out in the open. There was one man left and he began to notice that everyone was gone around him. I snarled a snarky grin as he saw me, he reached for something behind him but my arrow reached his head quicker. 

Bam.

Just like that.

Everyone was gone. 

I smirked at Rick and put my bow away. "You can get your shit now." I laughed at myself and made my way back to the trucks. Rick gave orders to everyone and then followed after me. Once everyone wasn't watching he snatched me and pinned me against a tree harshly. "Oh, you've come to say thank you." Rick shoved his forearm into my throat a little more, choking me. "You're welcome, chief," I spat out, laughing to myself. 

Rick got in my face, his expression serious. "Stop being so damn headstrong. You're going to get us killed." I snorted as I gasped for air. "You've been a pain in my ass since the day you arrived." I smiled up at him, meeting his piercing gaze as he puched me, busting my lower lip. 

I snickered. "Why did you fight to keep me in the first place?" I coughed as I pushed Rick off of me. He stumbled back and went to punch me again, only I caught it this time. "It isn't nice to hit a lady, Grimes." 

With his free hand, he reached for his knife and held it to my throat. I gave him a cocky half smile, begging him in my mind to do it. To slit my useless throat. To end my wasteless suffering. We are all dead anyway. My eyes pleaded him to throw away the trash he kept for three years. "Get in that damn truck and don't make a sound until we get back to Alexandria. We have some serious talking to do." I smirked and watched him as he put his knife away. Once he began to walk towards the scavenging group, I bowed, knowing he could still see me. 

"Anything for you, mas'sa." I chuckled and walked back to the trucks. This talk wasn't going to be anything but what just happened. I guaranteed it.