.6.

"We are the saviors of the world, // And I will not be ruled. // We are the kings and conquerors, // And I won't bow to you." - Skillet 'Saviors of the World'

*Rick's POV*

I stood next to Michonne with my hands on my hips waiting for Carl to turn around. He was playing darts, or trying to. "You should come with us," I pleaded. By now he had three darts stuck into the side of the door next to where the dartboard hung. 

Carl sighed, "Someone's gotta be here for Judith."

"There's people who want to help," I replied. "We'll only be gone a few days at the most," I said, trying to persuade him to come. Another dart in the doorframe, totalling four. "Look, we need supplies." I shifted my weight to the other foot, ignoring the fact that Michonne was looking at me, one hand curled near her chin, studying my moves. "They're gonna be coming back soon."

"Is this how it's going to be now," Carl complained.

I was slightly taken aback, but didn't give up. "Yes." I glared at the back of my sons head, waiting for him to turn around. "It is." I notice him slightly shaking his head. "You know that," I scolded as he threw yet another dart, missing the board and landing in the door. 

Carl huffed, walking up to the dartboard and plucking out his darts. "See you in a few days." 

I shook my head slightly and looked over to my beautiful girlfriend. "We should get going," I said as I turned around and headed for the door. Aaron moved out of the way, letting me through.

Aaron nodded his head once at me. "He'll come around," he whispered, turning around to follow me out the door and into the hallway. "While you're out there, will you look for Ravana?" I raised an eyebrow, glaring at him. That quickly told him that I shot him down. "I'll, uh, meet you downstairs." I nodded at him, looking down at my hands. Ravana was the last thing I wanted on my mind, but ever since Negan took her, I couldn't help but hope and pray that she was okay.

I quickly shoved her out of my memory and handed Michonne a radio. "If you change your mind," she acted almost like she didn't want to take it, but then she placed her hand on it. "We're heading north." She gave me an expression that read "Do Not Go" but I couldn't help it, we had to go scavenging. Negan needed supplies and I don't feel like losing another member of this group. She let out a puff of breath through her nostrils.

"Good luck," she whispered. 

I dropped my gaze from her eyes down to my hand. "Yeah," I replied. "I'll see you soon." I bent down to kiss her cheek but her left hand found its way up to my cheek and rearranged the kiss. She placed her lips on mine, bringing her other hand up to my face. I wrapped my right arm around her waist, pulling her closer. I didn't want to let her go, or even go out, but we had to. She pulled apart but kept her hands on my face as we looked into each other's eyes like we could see deep in their soul. That moment soon passed as I backed away, whispering "Thank you." I left her there to watch after me.

*Carl's POV*

It had been a good hour to an hour and a half since my dad and the rest of the scavengers left. It was just Michonne, Judith, and I in the house. Playing darts became boring, so I decided to head downstairs. Michonne was downstairs, but I had no clue what she was doing. So, I sat down in a chair, resting my hands on the back part of the chair, and watched her walk around the livingroom and kitchen. "Why didn't you go with my dad?" 

She stayed silent for a few seconds, almost as if she was debating on what to say. I watched her pick up her katana and put it around her. "I have to figure some things out." She started heading towards the kitchen, and I decided to follow her, suddenly feeling curious. 

I sprang from my chair and tried catching up to her. "What's there to figure out," I questioned, hoping she'd explain. 

She sighed. "How we can do this." I furrowed my eyebrows. What did she mean? She started packing a small brown bag. "If we can."

I shook my head. "We can't," I protested. "No. Not like this." The way we are going about everything, blindly following someone who killed two of our own, it's not right. 

Michonne grabbed a few water bottles, packing them away. "Your dad thinks differently," she replied back. 

"And he's wrong," I fought back nicely. She had to know that. "You know it, Michonne. You know he's wrong." That earned a look from her. It wasn't directed at me, however. She simply looked up from the bag for a few seconds and then looked back down. Michonne has to know that. However, she closed the bag and picked it up, moving back from the counter she was at and towards the front door. 

"Even if," Michonne started, quietly. "I think he is," she paused, putting the bag over her shoulder and turning around. Michonne gave me a look that I couldn't decipher. "I don't know." She pressed her lips into a straight line, looked at me a little longer, and turned around to walk out the door. As soon as she opened the door, she started giving me orders like she was my mom. "Change your bandage later, and be nice to Olivia." She glared at me like she was expecting me to listen to her. I waited until she shut the door and walked off before I looked away and mutter under my breath.

As I looked away, I noticed something out the window. It caught my eye because it was someone I knew too well. It was Enid. 

Quickly, I ran out the door and over to her, hoping to see what she was up to. When I had gotten to her she was placing pipes into the wall so she could escape. "Enid," I murmured, catching her attention. She stopped what she was doing and turned her head around slightly so that she could see me out of the corner of her eyes.

Enid turned her head back around and reached for her bag behind her. "I need to see Maggie," she said softly. 

I raised my eyebrow at her, even though she couldn't see it. "You're walking to the Hilltop?" Silence. She ignored me as she began to climb. "It's far," I cautioned softly. 

She was making her way up the side of the wall when she responded. "I'll be fine." I stood there, my mouth open, watching the girl I was starting to fall for scale the wall that helped defend us from the dead that were walking outside of it. Her brown hair was flowing behind her, giving me yet another reason to fall.

"Maybe," I replied back to her comment, snapping out of my trance. She stopped and turned around to glare at me.

She raised her eyebrows at me. "I'll be fine," she challenged. Our eyes locked for a brief moment, her anger hitting me like a force of bricks. "I have better aim than you," she bragged, her words cutting into me. I dropped her gaze, looking down at the grass. She was right. I became useless ever since Ron blew my eye out with gun training given to him by my dad. Enid exhaled loudly, sounding annoyed. Her voice was quieter this time, more sincere. "I didn't mean it that way."

I made a decision that I knew I wouldn't live up to. "I'm not saving you anymore," I replied, shaking my head.

She continued up the wall. "So that's what happened in the armory? You saved me?"

"Yeah," I replied.

She stopped again. "You made it back in one piece. You're still here." I had no idea what she was getting at.

I lowered my head slightly. "I'm not talking about that."

I turned around to walk away before she said one last thing to me. "I'm sorry you had to see it." I shrugged my shoulders and kept walking. The thing was, I wasn't sorry. It made me realize that we should be taking the fight to them. They killed two of our strongest and stole our sharpest aimer. They took all our supplies, leaving us with barely anything. Then we have to go scavenge and pray that we eat the good stuff before they take it all when they come for their collection. 

No, I wasn't sorry. 

It gave me more of a will to fight the damn bastard. 

They have Ravana, and we need her back if we want to win.