.7. - Part 1

"And the scars that mark my body, // They're silver and gold. // My blood is a flood of rubies, // Precious stones. // It keeps my veins hot, // The fires find a home in me." - Lorde 'Yellow Flicker Beat'

I walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom where I had the graciousness to sleep. The mattress was better than what I remember sleeping on since the world turned to shit, however, nothing could compare the bed I owned in Alexandria. It was softer, almost memory foam like. I could lay on it and be out within seconds. Here, I could lay down and be lucky if I were out within a minute or two. But, beggars can't be choosers. Not in this world.

Since I arrived here, I hadn't always had this bed, or even this room. The first day, and most of that night, I was shoved into a cell by the man who wore the leather jacket. It was mentioned his name was Negan, but I'm not sure how much truth was in that. I need to hear it from the man himself before I believe anything. 

My feet carried me over to the mirror above my dresser and my eyes found their way to my face first. Black hair was clean after the shower I had last night. It was perfectly flat on my shoulders, falling way past my stomach, reaching my hip bones. My hair had gotten so long, I almost forgot I hadn't cut it since before the outbreak. Next, I noticed my cuts were beginning to heal; only slightly. I know that my bottom lip had seen better days, but I also knew it had seen worse. Letting them fall, my eyes wandered down the rest of my body. An oversized white t-shirt cloaked my entire torso and fell down to my upper thigh. It was a men's, you could just tell with how it fit me. 

"Well, well. Look who is finally awake." I lifted my eyes up to see the reflection of who had entered the open door. It was friendly sight, almost. "Guess you do need a new wardrobe. Luckily, I found these. They made me think of you." He tossed a plastic bag full of clothes on my bed that was dressed in red silk sheets and a white comforter that was beyond fluffy. I turned around, instantly becoming embarrassed for my friend to see me in just a tee. "When you're ready, Boss wants to see you." With that, he backed out, closing the metal door behind him. 

My heart sank. What could this boss want with me? Is he going to throw me in a cell again? I would hope not.

Ten minutes later, my hair was brushed out and braided so it was out of my way. The clothes the Dwight had brought me were made of leather. I wasn't about to lie, it made me feel like a total badass, I mean I already was, but this brought it out. The pants weren't made of leather, though they were black, comfy, and skin tight. They also had slits in them, making them even cooler when they revealed my tan skin. There was a deep red cami in the bag so I put in on, tucking it into my pants before I put on the belt. A blue flannel shirt was also in the bag, so I put it on, leaving it unbuttoned. The last thing I had to put on besides shoes was the leather jacket. 

The last thing I put on was my black boots which I would never trade anything for. They came up to my mid-calf and they tied in the front, zipped in the back. Glenn had gotten them for me as a birthday present the year of the outbreak. I didn't see him on my birthday, but he bought them and shipped them to me from Atlanta. It was a nice gift, though I don't think he remembered getting them for me. 

Glenn and I weren't blood-related. His parents adopted me when I was around nine or ten years old. I was the black sheep of the family, seeing as I never looked like any of my siblings. Glenn and I were also not that close, but we had the closest relationship compared to the ones I had with the rest of my sisters. You could say I valued him, so much that I'll make whoever killed him's life an absolute living hell. 

There was a knock at the metal door before it shot open. I looked up to meet Dwight's eyes. We didn't speak, only study each other. "Boss should be expecting you any moment now. It's best to not make him wait." I noticed that Dwight was wearing denim jeans, black boots, a blue plaid shirt, and a leather vest that looked like Daryl's. What I failed to realize was that it was Daryl's. "Look, I've had a long day. Negan said he needed to see you. I don't like keeping the man waiting." I cleared my throat and made my way out the door of my room and followed Dwight down the neverending hallways. "Continue down to the first room on your left. I'll be back later." I looked up at my blonde haired friend as he walked off. I did as he said and made my way to the room and saw plenty of women dressed nicely.