Prologue

Today was a beautiful day, and like always I went on my daily walk. It was very calm and peaceful that day.

As I neared the park that's along my walk I decided to sit at a bench and admire my surroundings. As I was watching the ducks swim in the pond, I felt something bump into my leg.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't watch where I was going," a little girl said to me while picking herself up after she fell. "Oh, no dear. It's fine," I said while smiling at her. "Okay, well have a good day mister," she said to me before walking off.

"Wait, do you want a lollipop?" I asked the little girl. "Really? I would love one," the girl said. I grabbed a few lollipops from my pocket and let her chose one. She took the strawberry one.

"Strawberry, use to be Mark's favorite," I accidentally said out loud. "Who's Mark?" the little girl asked me. "Well he's someone who, even though they're not next to me anymore, I can still feel them right by me, watching over me. Maybe one day you'll know what I'm talking about and you'll find yourself your own soulmate," I said while smiling at the girl.

She looked confused. "What's a soulmate?..."

AN- I'm really excited for this story. I have big plans for it and hopefully it turns out successful. My last Markson story got a lot of attention so I'm hoping this one will too. Enjoy my lovelies!