Chapter 2: Photoshoot Palms Hotel

My agent called me into do a photo shoot for one of the magazines herein Las Vegas. I will be meeting the photographers at palms hotel to do the shoot. I hope the shoot goes just fine.

Palms Hotel

I walked in the hotel and headed up to the room that I will be taking my photos. I called my agent to let him know that I am almost there.

“Hey Rocky I am almost there. Okay I see you then. “I hung up the phone. Entering the elevator.  I pressed the last floor number in the elevator. The elevator closed.

Room 2025

Lights, camera, and smile

The photographers had a dressing booth set up for me with my name on it. I put down my belongings on the table. I took a seat in the tall purple bar chair. I got out my phone and started texting my mo

*Text conversation*

Me: Good afternoon mom J

Mom: Good afternoon sweetheart. Having a good day so far?

Me: Yea I’m at palms doing a photo shoot.

Mom: Good. Let me see them when their done.

Me: Yea I will mom. Well g2g.

Mom: Okay take care. Call me when you get home.

Me: K.

*End of text conversation*

I put my phone on the table. And I took an apple from the basket that was sitting on the table. I bit the apple and started chewing on it. Mmmmm, I love the way red apples taste. So sweet and juicy. Just how I like it.

“Heyyy Mimi!”

I looked to see who it was that was calling me. It was my favorite makeup hair artist. B. Scott.

“Heyy B.! “ I said getting up giving her a hug.

“Are you ready for your shoot?”

“B. you know I am.”

B. Scott put her stuff next to mines.

“Girl let me tell you what happen on my way over here.”

“What girl.”

“Girl tell me why this sexy young man he look like he was in his 30’s. Girl he stop me and gave me his number and told me to call him.”

“Girl shut up. No way.”

“Yes way.”

“You going to call him?

“Maybe.”

B. started to get her stuff out and placing it on the table.

“You should girl.”

“I don’t know remember my last boyfriend. Trey.”

“Oh yea girl. He treated you so bad.”

“Yeah…. And I don’t know about this guy.”  B. says placing a hair cap on my hair…

“I want to see you happy B.”

“Girl stop worrying about me, when you is going to get a boyfriend.”

I looked myself in the mirror and just stared at it, watching B. do what she does best to make me look beautiful.

“When I find the right one.”

“I hope so. I hope it be ASAP. You girl B. want’s some nephews and nieces.”

I laughed.

“B.!”

“What???”

“I don’t want any kids.”

“Shoot honey one day you will be wanting some.”

“Yeah whatever.” I said then rolled my eyes.

“So anyhow what you doing tonight girl?”

“I don’t know B. what you going to do?”

“I want to go to the club tonight.”

“Oh, you should call up the guy and tell him to meet you at the club.”

“I should huh…”

B. says getting the makeup stuff together and hair stuff..

“Yeah girl.”

‘”If I call him, you want to roll with me? I will pick you up.”

“Yeah you buying my drinks too?”

“Sure. But you better be ready to. Don’t have me calling you and you don’t be ready.”

“Okayyy B. I got you covered.”

“Mmhmm, you still owe me.

“For what?!?! What you mean I still owe you? Owe you what?”

“Don’t play dumb mimi.”

“Ohhhhh that one time I asked if you could buy me some chipotle.”

“RIGHT! I still haven’t forgot.”

I smiled big at her. She hits me with the hair comb.

“OUCH B.!”

“You better be glad I am friendly to you.”

“I will pay you back B. “

“Nah, you good. Just treat me to some cold stones and I am good to go.”

“Cold stones?”

“Oh Yassss, honey I love their ice cream.”

“It’s aight.”

“Girl you tripping. You like yogurt land huh?”

“B, that’s not ice cream that’s yogurt.”

“Did I say it was ice cream? No. Oh well sh** still taste like ice cream to me.”

Hahaha I love B. Scott. She’s my friend. She’s always there when I need her. I made her my makeup artist and hair dresser when I do photo shoots. If she be busy then I will call Brandy Gomez or Sierra Chavez. But B. is my main one.

“You look so beautiful today B.”

“Thank you love.”

“You are welcome.”

Soon as B. was done. I got dress to put on my outfit for the photo shoot. B. also helps me out with that as well.

“How long you going to be doing this shoot?”

“I am not for sure B.”

“Let me know if you’re hungry. I go grab you something to eat or I will let the people know when you’re hungry.

“Okay that’s fine.”

“You ready gorgeous?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay let’s go.”

B. walk me towards where the photographers are I let them know that I was ready to do my photo shoot. The helpers of the photographer told me how to pose and I did some of my poses of my own. I feel like this day is going to be really long. That’s okay though.