Epilogue ~ Happily Ever After

The sound of the waves hitting the shore seemed like a fitting background for the two people sitting on a wooden bench near the shore.

The sun, which was almost setting in the horizon, cast an tangerine tint to the surroundings.

Her silver hair flew across her face that he had to reach his shiveled and frail hand over and tuck the strand behind her ear.

She smiled at him and his heart fluttered - even after all this time. She still made him feel that way.

"Tapos? Anong nangyari kay Digong at Leni?" she asked wonderously.

A hint of pain showed through his face but he had to blink it away before she could notice.

He cleared his throat.

He turned back to the photo album on his lap and pointed at the picture of a newly wedded couple.

"They married of course at nagkaroon sila ng maraming anak. Seven to be exact."

"Ang dami naman! Ang sipag din ni Leni at Digong no?"

He laughed at her naivete.

Ang sipag natin kamo.

"Napakasipag nga nila."

He went on and told her the names of the children, each page had different baby pictures of each of their children.

Veronica.

Jillian.

Patricia.

Jessica.

Sebastian.

Sarah.

Paolo.

He told her the most unforgottable memory he could think of, each time laughing as he told her the story.

Slowly her hand reached up to touch his own.

A drop of tear fell on the pages of the album.

He looked into her tear streaked face and saw the brewing turmoil within them.

She remembered him.

She remembered them.

"Digong...sorry...I'm sorry you had to go through this everyday." She told him.

She recognized him now.

"Welcome back Leni."

He held her tightly in his arms as he always did whenever she remembered him. He did so everyday.

"I'm sorry..." she breathed against the crook of his neck. Her warms tears seeping through his shirt.

He ran his hands through her greying hair and planted a kiss on the top of her head.

"Leni...Ano ka ba, you don't need to be sorry. Nag-eenjoy naman ako tuwing kinukwento ko sayo yung mga nangyari sa atin noon."

"Kahit pababalik balik nalang pa? Kahit araw araw nalang?"

"Kahit hambambuhay ko pa ikwento. Hindi ako magsasawa. Dahil kwento nating dalawa ito."

"Thank you, pa."

"Nangako ako sayo. Nangako akong hinding hindi na kita iiwan."

Until this day he hasn't broken his promise of never letting her go.

Out in the cold they hold hands.

"Ma...I won't ever let you go,"

"Pa...I will always be here."

A peaceful silence swarmed between the two of them.

"Pa nilalamig ako."

He goes over to her although his knees are aching and sits down next to her.

She moves a bit to allow room for him.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" he asks even though he knew that by tomorrow she wouldn't remember any of this.

"Yan talaga ang gusto mong itanong?"

"Oo. Ba't naman hindi?"

She laughed.

"Kahit ano basta kasama ka." she said with a cheeky grin on her face.

She kissed his cheek.

"I love you, pa."

"I love you too, ma."

-----

"Jill? Nakita mo ba si mama at papa?"

"Hindi eh...teka hanapin ko...baka naglakad nanaman yun sa dalampasigan."

"Puntahan mo na baka lumamig na tong hapunan nila."

After a few moments she hears crying.

"Jillian?"

"A-ate...wala na...sila..."

She pulls her sister close and hugs her.

"Ang drama talaga ng mga matatandang 'to, nagsabay pa." Veronica, nicknamed as Kitty when she was younger, inherited their father's humor. She laughs but tears were already starting to fall from her eyes.

"Oo nga ate." her younger sister wipes her tears away.

They watch their parents.

They were in each other's arms with a smile on their faces.

Kitty took the photo album from their hands and closed it.

And they lived

happily

ever

after