Unkown Motives

Unknown Motives

My eyes open blinking uncontrollably, I'm standing in a dark and deserted house. Violet. She's gone. To see her die right before my eyes, I'm still shocked. No, that's an understatement. I feel devastated.

As I look around I see items that remind me of how much I miss my home. I remember that I said I would call my mom. It is already eight p.m. I need to call my mom before nine or else she will already be asleep and I don't think I will have another chance any time soon.

I investigate the house and notice that it is very small. It looks like it is a old tiny house and that only one or two people could live here. I turn around and see an old staircase.

"The bedroom and bathroom must be upstairs." I thought to myself. Slowly creaking up the stairs, I hear a fury of silent steps race across the roof. Being only halfway up, i start to wonder if I really should keep going or not. I take each step cautiously and slowly. As I reach the top I see a dead police officer with a shotgun wound positioned slightly above his abdomen. Looking at this sent shivers down my spine. I know he must have died recently because the smell of death hasn't polluted the air yet. Just then, when I'm about to turn around, I feel a cold metal ring pressing firmly against the back of my neck. I know well enough what it is I know it must be the shotgun.

"What do you people want with me?!" She demands. I am about to explain who I am until she quickly orders. "Don't move or I will shoot. Explain yourself fast before you join the dead man on the cold hard floor." The voice is fierce and hardy. I hesitate for a second. I keep asking myself what I could do to defend myself. I grab a nearby lamp and throw it at her. She knocks it sideways with her gun and fires at me. I snap my hands up in front of me to defend myself. I see the bullets deflect from my hands. I can't help but gape in shock. I start to sweat and hope that she can't see me through the darkness, but i know she can. She flips on the light and starts looking around the hallway. All the doors are shut.

"Where are you? Who in the world are you?" She questions with fear but with tenacity.

I glance down at myself wondering why she doesn't see me. I look down and don't see anything. I hold back a gasp. I am completely invisible.

I make my way silently in front of her and grab the gun from her hands. The gun crumples into a ball, and I throw it down the stairs. She comes running at me and punches me across the face. I feel blood trickle down my nose and my whole face starts to sting painfully. I get up slowly and turn toward her angrily. She runs toward me again and raises her foot to kick me. I grab her foot with lightning reflexes i didn't even know i had. I pull her toward me and I grab her by the throat then hold her in the air.

"Don't ever punch me again." I command with a smirk. She looks at me in paralysis, then I put her down and she stumbles on the floor.

She looks up and asks in a somewhat scared voice "Who are you?"

"You can call me Aris" I respond pridefully. She looks about fifteen years old. I'm surprised she even knows how to hold a shotgun, much less use one. The poor girl had sounded tough at first but I know she's covering up uncontrolled fear. She has brown wavy hair and rosy pink eyes. She has dark skin and dark red lips that makes her complexion perfect. She's wearing a light red blouse with little pink buttons with a black biker jacket that looks too big for her. Her pants are low rider jeans and she's wearing cowboy boots. Even though her face looks a little hardened you can still see the traces of childhood on her face.

"Aris? Weird name..." she remarks.

"We need to go... where are we? What city is this?"

She looks at me confused. "We are in Boston. Why?

"Do you have a cell phone or a house phone or something of the sorts?"

"No, they are too expensive." She answers sadly.

"Do you live here alone?"

"Yes, why do you need a phone?"

"It is none of your concern. We need to get to a pay phone immediately." I tell her. I turn and walk away and she has no other choice except to follow. We walk outside on to a busy side walk and spot a pay phone almost immediately. We make our way across the busy street.

"Run!" Rose yells into my ear. I almost hesitate but she grabs me and we run toward the booth. We push people out of our way and I start to notice people look behind us and stare. Then they all start to hurry off out of our way. We both run into the phone booth across the street.

"What is so important that we have to run?" I ask angrily.

"Look!" she exclaims quietly "They are the ones chasing me."

I sigh, not knowing exactly who she is talking about and thinking that she is a little paranoid. I grab the phone and insert fifty cents. I quickly dial my mothers' phone number. The phone goes immediately to recording.

"Mom, I won't be home for a few days. Don't worry about me. It is impossible to explain why I will be gone but please don't go searching for me. You will know once I come back. I think I found the purpose you have always talked about. Love you, and see you soon." I hang up the phone and Rose looks at me then laughs.

"You had to rush to a pay phone to call your mom?"

A bullet penetrates through the glass and almost shoots me in the arm. "You never told me they had guns!" I shout offensively ignoring her statement.

"Where do you think I got the shot gun?"

"I don't know, the same place you got that jacket?"

"This was my father's jacket!" She accusingly shouts as two more bullets shoot through the phone booth's glass walls. I close my eyes and exert an invisible force that blows all three walls out and the door out.

Wow, today is becoming crazier and crazier by the minute.