The Desecrated Temple

I storm out of the house and stop in the middle of the street. It is dusk and the sun has barely already set. A car comes out of nowhere and almost hits me, so I turn angrily and rip the door off the driver's seat of the car with my mind. I then rip out the man in the car and throw him safely across the street. He is only left with minor wounds. In my rage I then picked up the car fifteen feet into the air and smash it into the house where I just leave causing a huge explosion.

I meditate calmly to myself trying to find Josh in my mind like a mental GPS. I see that he is hiding in a abandoned building five miles down the street opposite of the man I had thrown out of the car.

I begin to run at lightning speeds down the road and within seconds I'm at the deserted temple. The soles of my shoes burn but my inner pain numbs the sizzling sensation. I can feel electricity course through my finger tips. I walk up to the giant stone door and shoot a bolt of lightning at it and the door blows off its hinges and falls into the temple. I walk over the doors, still very much enraged. I look in the building and it is pitch black. I remember that my mom told me to investigate darkness and I laugh at the irony. A bolt of electricity shoots out of my hands and it turned the whole temple brighter than daylight. Still I did not see any signs of life.

"Josh, show yourself! You killed the last person I had in this world and now I will kill you!"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. I thought you would be smarter than this. You never follow a bear into his cave." He laughs as he emerges from a shadow behind a pillar. "This is MY temple! You cannot kill me here, where I am strongest!" The place trembles before his words.

"We will see, now won't we?" I remark.

"I wouldn't be so eager if I were you. I will give you some peace in mind though. Emilea is alive. She is downstairs. It's too bad she will have to be in the same remorse that you were in once I show her your dead, mutilated body." He hisses the last few words.

"What, how could she be alive?" I ask myself.

"Don't try to deceive me. It doesn't matter, either way you will die."

I pull out my weapon and I extend it into a spear. I jab it towards him and it goes right through him without leaving a mark.

"I already told you, I can't die." He laughs.

He grabs my spear firmly and tries to pull it from my grasp to no avail.

I retract my spear back into its cylinder and the spear slices through his hands on its way back. I leap over his head and run down the stairs to see if Emilea is really alive. It is the only hope I had left. I take three steps at a time and see that there is no door to the basement room. I run into the opening and see Emilea gagged and chained to the wall.

"Emilea!" I gasp as I run to her and rip out the gag. I melt the chains with a touch and free her. "Are you alright?"

"The cross." She exhales as she pointed across the room at a cross that is on the wall. "It will heal me and kill him. Hurry."

"YOU WILL DIE!" Yells Josh as he burst through the doorway with fire burning all behind him.

I run across the room and grab the cross. I teleport the cross to Emilea and make my tube a shield. Josh tears a great sword off the wall and slams it against my shield. He hits again and again. Every time he hit I grow weaker. I feel like I can't stand any longer when he all of a sudden stops. I turn my shield back into a cylinder. Josh's inside turn into a bright light then he explodes into white light around the room. Once my vision clears I see Emilea with the cross in her hand.

"Thanks." She says modestly.

I lean forward, grasp her face and kiss her. I know I love her and that I could never lose her again or else I would be miserable. As we kiss the world literally goes black and we teleport back to the school.